2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve tried every style in the last or so 7 years. The ex top European footballer (Koeman), the up and coming continental coach (Martinez & Silva), the English hoof merchant (BFS) and finally Carlo, one of greatest managers ever, someone who’s won it all.

Dyche, Howe, Bielsa, Moyes, Potter, Nuno etc etc. We all have likes & dislikes within these names, but whoever it is, we have to get behind him. I honestly can’t believe the footy could be any more dire whoever comes in.

I dare you to keep saying this if we land Gerrard

This is very sad indeed....

Unless we get another big name manager, no top players will entertain coming to Everton, so another year with all the players we thought might be on their way......

So frustrated now

Tony

Giving a young manager aplatform to learn and make mistakes? That won’t happen will it? The fan base wanted Carlo Ancelotti out after 16 months because he couldn’t get a team of useless ball bags who don’t care about the club or have the desire to progress playing tiki taka free flowing attacking football.

Also, we tried the young manager approach under Silva and look exactly where that ended up.

The problem is and has been for a long time the wrong recruiting in terms of players. Wrong attitudes and wrong type of players. We now have accumulated a team of ball bags who consistently keep seeing off managers.

As an example...

Holgate on like his 6th manager
Coleman - 7th
Gomes - 3rd
Iwobi - 3rd
Sigurdsson - 5th

You see the problem here?
Like anything, it's about communication. All communication from Everton in recent years has been about doing things quickly, Hollywood managers, short windows, big budgets etc. People will get restless if you finish 12th and 10th after making a big song and dance about not being a museum and wanting to win the league, it's really not in any way surprising. If you communicate to the fans that there's a need for patience and they can see the potential there then people will buy into it. It's really basic stuff but Everton have made a terrible, terrible mess of it ever since Moshiri came in.

Don’t you even dare Everton...
62C61ADD-A743-407F-9B75-EF0328727AEC.jpeg

Giving a young manager aplatform to learn and make mistakes? That won’t happen will it? The fan base wanted Carlo Ancelotti out after 16 months because he couldn’t get a team of useless ball bags who don’t care about the club or have the desire to progress playing tiki taka free flowing attacking football.

Also, we tried the young manager approach under Silva and look exactly where that ended up.

The problem is and has been for a long time the wrong recruiting in terms of players. Wrong attitudes and wrong type of players. We now have accumulated a team of ball bags who consistently keep seeing off managers.

As an example...

Holgate on like his 6th manager
Coleman - 7th
Gomes - 3rd
Iwobi - 3rd
Sigurdsson - 5th

You see the problem here?
"THE FANBASE"

ok mate, even @GrandOldTeam said that 15% said out here. And those were most likely multi's on a windup. But, sure, blame everyone except for Carlo who is walking.

The fans got on Carlo's back because expectations were too high. Expectations were set at Europe and lots of expenditure rather than a long term rebuild and squad recycle.

I believe if a young manager came in with a clear philosophy, handled the media well and committed to a long term project, targeting younger players and bringing through some of the youth team in favour of the players who clearly weren't suitable, they could get more of the fans on side for longer.

I read earlier that 20% of GOT fans wanted CA gone? If the team had finished 10th this season but had a way of playing, encouraging youth and a clear identity, I think that % would be much smaller.

The trade off for this is that success will not be immediate, key players will possibly have to leave, fans are more accepting of that if there is a long term vision.

Can’t have it sadly. Moshiri said it himself when he said it only takes 2 home defeats for the fans to turn their backs on a manager and I’ve witnessed too many times.

We are going around and around in circles. The club is rotten to the core.

As disgraceful as the football was under Sam, no one could accuse him of not caring. He was a vile man but at least he had an ounce of pride in what he was trying to do and was sad to leave the job. Every other manager we’ve had since Moyes couldn’t be arsed with us.
Sam was an absolutely terrible fit as Everton manager - but he was badly treated, in my view. His job was to keep us up. He did that. He should have been sacked that summer with immediate effect. Harsh? Yes, but actually fairer and more honest than keeping him on when we had zero interest in building with him. The fans despised him. I think we could have spared him that and whatever delusions he was labouring under.

Managers are overrated. If Moshiri pulls the financial plug, we are screwed no matter who is in charge of us. Everton need to decide what an Everton manager is supposed to achieve. Is that a style of football, a league position, or a derby win? Or all three? Regardless, we need to become successful short-term thinkers. Anybody who has success with us will be poached. Anybody who fails will be sacked. Anybody who "needs time" should be told to do one if the immediate targets are not met.

Status
Not open for further replies.