2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre could be brilliant but feel apart at Dortmund.
Gasparini has done the best job in world football over the past 5 years but is getting on and would need plenty of time to build.

We’ve tried every style in the last or so 7 years. The ex top European footballer (Koeman), the up and coming continental coach (Martinez & Silva), the English hoof merchant (BFS) and finally Carlo, one of greatest managers ever, someone who’s won it all.

Dyche, Howe, Bielsa, Moyes, Potter, Nuno etc etc. We all have likes & dislikes within these names, but whoever it is, we have to get behind him. I honestly can’t believe the footy could be any more dire whoever comes in.

Time for a rebuild. Anyone who doesn’t want to be here can go!
Finch Farm tomorrow

tenor.gif

Giving a young manager aplatform to learn and make mistakes? That won’t happen will it? The fan base wanted Carlo Ancelotti out after 16 months because he couldn’t get a team of useless ball bags who don’t care about the club or have the desire to progress playing tiki taka free flowing attacking football.

Also, we tried the young manager approach under Silva and look exactly where that ended up.

The problem is and has been for a long time the wrong recruiting in terms of players. Wrong attitudes and wrong type of players. We now have accumulated a team of ball bags who consistently keep seeing off managers.

As an example...

Holgate on like his 6th manager
Coleman - 7th
Gomes - 3rd
Iwobi - 3rd
Sigurdsson - 5th

You see the problem here?

The fans got on Carlo's back because expectations were too high. Expectations were set at Europe and lots of expenditure rather than a long term rebuild and squad recycle.

I believe if a young manager came in with a clear philosophy, handled the media well and committed to a long term project, targeting younger players and bringing through some of the youth team in favour of the players who clearly weren't suitable, they could get more of the fans on side for longer.

I read earlier that 20% of GOT fans wanted CA gone? If the team had finished 10th this season but had a way of playing, encouraging youth and a clear identity, I think that % would be much smaller.

The trade off for this is that success will not be immediate, key players will possibly have to leave, fans are more accepting of that if there is a long term vision.

By jumping ship Ancelotti has demonstrated that he lacks integrity and honour, 2 qualities that I thought regarded above everything else.
I am disgusted and surprised by him in equal measure.
He is gone , we need to move on , but for God's sake Moshiri it has to be a no5o the likes of Howe and Nuno.
Get a grip, it’s footy. It’s been the same since the game became professional.

The big dogs take the best for themselves (players, managers, staff, everything) whenever they fancy it and the rest make do.

He owes us nothing.

This is the club that hired Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee. Nothing is beyond their capacity to inflict misery on the fan base, nothing.
And the punchline is that Big Sam and Little Sammy did no better nor worse than pretty much any manager we have had over the last eight years or so, regardless of whether they won three Champions Leagues, went on to manage Barcelona, or had a sunny disposition.

And the punchline is that Big Sam and Little Sammy did no better nor worse than pretty much any manager we have had over the last eight years or so, regardless of whether they won three Champions Leagues, went on to manage Barcelona, or had a sunny disposition.

As disgraceful as the football was under Sam, no one could accuse him of not caring. He was a vile man but at least he had an ounce of pride in what he was trying to do and was sad to leave the job. Every other manager we’ve had since Moyes couldn’t be arsed with us.

Have i missed something have Madrid held a press conference with Ancelotti or something or is all this bed wetting due to a report from marca?

Status
Not open for further replies.