2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s going I would take a punt at Frank Lampard. Did well with the kids and should be able to poach a few of their better lads who aren't getting game time. If not him Graham Potter, if not him give Fat Sam a chance to have one last chance at eating himself to death at our expense.

Maybe it's a good thing. Manage some expectations. It was either gonna take Carlo another 2 years and lots more signings to get a decent squad together that wouldn't have people clamouring for someone better (LOL) OR, we can hit the rest button, get some compensation and hope we say if you want him you need to take Alan, James, Richarlison, Digne and Mina with him for a combined £200m package. Start from scratch.

I am a lurker. I read often, rarely post.

Rate Carlo as highly as you can rate a manager. Horrible news for us. I'm not sure what some of our supporters have been watching, but Carlos is world class. Period. He made even some of our subpar players look better than they are. Just think about the transformation Keane had under Carlo as an example..... or DCL.....

However........

Our front office (Brands, and even Moshiri himself) should've known this was a possibility with a manager of Carlo's caliber.

In other words, they should've anticipated this. There should be contingency plans in place.

With the new stadium pending...... I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor/report someone posted about us replacing Carlo with a "big name" is indeed true.

Someone mentioned Wenger. Would be have any interest??
Wenger? Please continue lurking

And you'd think it was for a long term project. And Carlo even reiterated his ambition to settle down in an ambitious club like ours. If he really rejects the offer and settles down here than it will be the story for a movie with a real point-to-proof twist. Guess will know soon enough.

Didn’t think he was a coward to be honest. Top club jobs come up every other season. If he’d spent another season or two turning us around and winning something then any top club would have had him in a few years again. It’s not like he’s a Rodgers where he might be thinking it’s his only chance to play at that level.

He just wasn’t up to the hardest job he’s had to do in football, couldn’t hack it, didn’t have the stones for it. Get someone in who does.

Are you honestly surprised he has moved to Real Madrid? He did well while here but he's not an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.