2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely no one is paying more than we paid for him after his performances this season.

Hes not really improved since we signed him, on his day he can be great but those days are getting rarer rather than more frequent.

As much as I like the lad I think it may be optimal for him and us for him to go.

He has terrific natural ability on form but he allows himself to lose focus and composure much too easily.

If he had continued to score goals at a better rate then you put up with that, but for me in a side that desperately needs both inward and outward focus and commitment, it doesn't seem a great fit at present.

On the basis that he would command a semi-decent fee, it would be worth considering at least.

Agreed. And Dom is a good solo number 9...Carlo needs to stick him back on the wing and not be told by Richy where Richy plays
He's really not very good on the wing though. That's been a big part of the problem this year for me, he's been stuck out wide and playing deep because of the set up, and he just doesn't have enough to his game to have an impact there. He's not a gifted footballer really, he's very much in the Tim Cahill mould - works hard, good in the air, good finisher, good movement but not a great dribbler or passer etc - and the deeper he is the less chance he gets to utilise the attributes he's got. I'd say his best position is probably wide in a front 3, and if that's not a system we're going to use then frankly it's not really worth keeping hold of him. And I say that as a big fan of his.

I think he is technically quite poor. Agree he is quite good at heading. Too many horrible mis-controls, poor passes, wrong options for me. Maybe some competition for his place would help. He is not a decent finisher - he is an erratic finisher at best. Not my type of player ie he has the pain threshold of a toddler, he is on the ground when blown upon and his countenance is dreadful.

Surely no one is paying more than we paid for him after his performances this season.

Hes not really improved since we signed him, on his day he can be great but those days are getting rarer rather than more frequent.

Im pretty sure we will get more than £35 million for him mate.

Seems like there are plenty in the get rid camp. I've seen enough of him to know that there are plenty of goals and assists to tap into if he can rediscover his best form. No excuses- he's had a poor season, but the problem there is we potentially lose 20m on the selling price because his numbers are down this year. If he requests a transfer this is all moot, but personally I'd give him another season. There's plenty of others to get rid of first.

It was £35m, potentially rising to £50m with clauses and I’d presume we will have met a few of them given his first two seasons were decent.

Team targets, and he barely breaks double figures in goals.

Doubt we have agreed to give them money for a 12th / 10th place finishes.

Sell when good not when bad. It would be daft to shift him on at the moment when his stock is at its lowest. Unless he requests a move that is.

Now would be a great time for one of the big boys to get him. Value probably at its lowest, so a much smaller risk.

I like him, he has more of the Rivaldo about him to me, the way he finishes awkward shots, and takes them early.

Is he a little guilty of working too hard at times ?? Like DCL used to do, watsed running etc.

Feel he could be a cracking centre forward, a Suarez type. Obviously im not comparing ability, just styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.