2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggested this might be the case, but we don’t know that for sure, so let’s not state it as though it is fact.

He got 10 points more than the season before with pretty much the same squad, i wasn’t expecting miracles, but that could be deemed as a progression of some sort.
Of some sort, yes.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again
He is a great manager being Let down in the same way his predecessors have
There is a malaise in our dressing room some downbeat personalities and the lack of a clear STRONG forcefull leader
I love Seamus but he is a bit small to bang heads together
Buy a big strong positive leader ... shed the “wets” and the trajectory will change

Did Rodgers need to sign a load of players to make that Leicester team his in a big hurry? Did Roberto have to have all his own players to make Everton a possession based team rather than the route one team he inherited?

He's been here a season and a half.

I like Carlo, but there really isn't many excuses we can line up for him once we all agree that he's not best served by a DoF who's a busted flush (but who he has kept in his job).
Agree about the Rodgers point, also could be said Moyes has improved W Ham by getting the best out of what he inherited and adding slowly.
Pressure will be on next season to deliver better.

Forth highest paid manager in the premier league, managing a side with the 6th highest 25 man squad cost and 8th heighest squad salary in the league.
Finished 10th
I think it’s been a poor season. If this was big sam second season we would be hounding him out.

There is a malaise in our dressing room some downbeat personalities and the lack of a clear STRONG forcefull leader
Buy a big strong positive leader ... shed the “wets” and the trajectory will change
Remember that season when we signed the England captain, the Wales captain Holland captain and the Iceland captain… giddy days

I honestly don’t get how people can look at our squad and the way the are as individual players and their approach and attitude towards games and think we have anything other than a poor squad overall. We’ve got about 5 individual decent players who when fit and are on a good day are top drawer, it’s never often enough. When they aren’t on form we are left with a load of duds who have no desire to put in the extra effort nor have the will to do well. Too many journey men here for the money not for success or to see the club progress.

View attachment 128195

I'm probably pointing out the obvious - but we should be after players like these - fit attack minded players. When I watch leeds attack, they're all streaming into the box. It's fun to watch. I'd buy 5 or 6 of these players, guys like Jack harrison, Ayling, Dallas, Phillips.

Buying 6 Leeds players wouldn’t make us play like Leeds you know?

Ancelotti needs to bring a captain in. Coleman is good for soundbites in the press as was Jagielka but he isn't going to put a rocket under anyone. We need someone that can drag players along not just say things aren't good enough.

I also think he needs to find a default system. It doesn't mean play this way every game but most games. You always need the element of surprise but every game players were changing what was expected of them and I think it lead to some confusion.

With another summer of recruitment hopefully we will get closer to an Ancelotti style of team but next season we need to be more consistent not constantly starting games giving the opponents a goal and allowing them to sit back and just stop us scoring.

I hate the way Ancelotti plays his football, after watching every game this season it just gets worse and worse. I know the players are not top notch, but he plays every game the same way irrespective of the opposition. Unless he changes the complete way he plays next season then it does not matter who or however many players he brings in it will not get any better.

Apparently had to pull Richarlison and Holgate off one another at the end of the Citeh game.

Certainly mutiny in the ranks at present doesn't look good at all heading into next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.