2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the recommendation, sounds interesting and I am sure Carlo will be providing balanced training drills that don't bore the players like Tony Plus. Through doing the same drill over and over and over and again and again, things have moved on a lot.
I think you will find it interesting. A lot of repetition is needed, but you can do it in several ways. Guerdiola has a fairly specific way of training his players, and where you constantly work with the team's guidelines and at the same time improve the players' qualities. The same can be said about Bielsa, Pocchetino, etc.

A recurring theme considering the criticism of Ancelotti is precisely that his training sessions are of poor quality.

People judging Carlo prematurely here. Whilst I’m fed up and the season has been a failure, he deserves time.

If we’re sitting here this time next season in the same position then I’ll be calling for his head but let’s give him time to bring more players in and ship the deadwood out.
Like Mourinho got at Spurs?. If you want champions league football and trophy’s then their is no such thing as time. He would of been sacked at bigger clubs than us. We have played the same way time after time after time even tho it doesn’t work.

Sounds to me that hes saying:

1: We can defend using a deep defence but he wants to play a higher line.

That means we need to sell Keane and Mina and buy a different type of centre back + a right back.

2: Hes saying we'll definitely be better next season and talking about signing players....add that to his previous comments about FFP and i wonder if we'll do something pretty big.

Just feel the manager has compounded issues that aren't of his own doing though.

We should expect better. We should expect basic attacking principles to be in place, basic fitness, basic pressing.

They aren't there. As much as I can say the recruitment has been very poor, which it has in a lot of ways, I don't think it's been as bad to lead to some of the performances this year.

And also, we've just given the bloke responsible for the last three years of it another 3-year deal.

On the fitness / pressing which of those players do you think mentally would be pressing the ball and charging around all game...aside from a handful i dont think alot of them are physically able to show some stamina.

I think Brands has had 3 years now and it should be blatently obvious to anyone about the type of players who are doing well and taken to by the fans and the ones he needs to move on.

I think 3 years means continuity and it will be a good thing if hes finally clicked what we need.

Purely hypothetically lets say that instead of Iwobi and Kean we had Bailey and Diaby this season. Also that Gbamin would have been fit and played consistently 6 or 7 out of 10.

Just those 3 things there which arent a huge stretch of the imagination and we'd possibly not be far off top 4 playing the exact same way but with a DM, width and pace/cutting edge.

As we dont have that, we now not only need those 2 wide players and a DM but also a RB and a CB.

Fine margins.

Brands bought Kean, Iwobi, Mina, Bernard and Gomes...lets see what fees he can get for them.

We won, but didn’t play them off the park. And you equate that to being poor

Ok Doctor
No, I didn't equate it to being poor- I equate it to not being a good footballing team. I'm not sure why your not-qualified-as-doctor brain can't figure out that wins don't always equal good performances. Unless you're just on a wind-up, which is the likely diagnosis.

Properly mediocre first full season in the end, but it was definitely a rebuild season and we were dogged by injuries, so you can understand it.

If he is backed again and fails to deliver a top 6 finish next season then I don't think there's anywhere to hide though.

But that's for then. For now, I'm happy with the fact our "away" form was much better and we ended some dreadful records. I am so glad 3 of the four sky 4 records are gone forever. I'm hopeful that could give us a bit more belief in ourselves going into those games in future.

It's over to Ancelotti and Brands now to justify their positions over the summer. I really hope they do because this is already excruciatingly boring to follow and the idea that we might have to ball this all up and start again is not pleasant.

Carlo is great at managing top players, his track record shows that.
He’s shown this season that sadly he’s average at managing average players.
Fortunately I believe he will be backed even more than last summer this summer so I’m looking forward to next season when he has some more players of his calibre.

People judging Carlo prematurely here. Whilst I’m fed up and the season has been a failure, he deserves time.

If we’re sitting here this time next season in the same position then I’ll be calling for his head but let’s give him time to bring more players in and ship the deadwood out.

Well this is the post that speaks the most sense really.

The doom merchants are just as bad as the happy clappers yet neither realizes how ridiculous they are.

This was a crap season, a boring, dull season, but also a weird one.

It in no way shape or form means we should be getting rid of Ancelotti nor does it mean he is not the man for the job.

At the same time their are some perfectly valid questions being asked and concerns being aired.

As always with us Everton fans it's always black or white with no semblance of nuance. Everything is crap or brilliant.

Like Mourinho got at Spurs?. If you want champions league football and trophy’s then their is no such thing as time. He would of been sacked at bigger clubs than us. We have played the same way time after time after time even tho it doesn’t work.

He took over a team who challenge for the top 4, just had a champions league final, and one of the best players in Europe.

Their benchmark is higher. If you don't at least stay there, then youre gone.

We're starting at nothing.

No, I didn't equate it to being poor- I equate it to not being a good footballing team. I'm not sure why your not-qualified-as-doctor brain can't figure out that wins don't always equal good performances. Unless you're just on a wind-up, which is the likely diagnosis.
I know you doctors don’t like to be questioned because of you’re inflated ego, but you were the one who brought up “we didn’t play them off the park”. I simply pointed out we won

Mid table Everton aren’t going to attract a bigger name or possible better manager than Carlo Ancelotti.

However, since he’s been here, we haven’t improved very much at all.
All that we can try and pin that on is the quality of what he has to work with.
But, I still believe we should not be anywhere near as bad as we have been for the last 3 months.
some managers can at least adopt a plan to work with the tools they have at their disposal, and this is where I believe he has fallen short this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.