Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Smallman scores Everton’s opening goal against Sheffield United in this League Division One match played at Goodison Park on the 19th April 1975. David Smallman played for Everton FC between 1975 and 1979 making 21 appearances and scoring 6 goals.

I remember that game 2-0 up and got beat 3-2, think there was still a chance of us finishing higher than Liverpool, although not sure.

We will absolutely smash these to pieces. Dust off your passports, we're heading to Europe.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Davies Allan
King James Bernard

DCL

EFC.png
SHEF.png

....was at that game but thought Smallman was further out than that when he scored that goal.

Weird that home-sickness was cited as the reason for his failure when he only came from North Wales.
I think the many injuries he had played havoc with his career, I think he retired at an early age, one of his absences was through Phlebitus, I was sitting in the main Stand when it was announced that he wasn’t playing, my mate asked out loud what’s up with him now, a fella in front said he’s got Phlebitus, my mate said ‘ Bleedin’ flea bites, is he living in a doss house’!!

Status
Not open for further replies.