Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why Carlo expects us to play like its a cup final and then picks players who never have in all the games this season. Our attacking creativity was zero until Gylfi went off. The summer has to see some creative players joining the squad. Outside of James last summer was all about filling the gaping hole that was last season's midfield. This year has to be about creation of goals.

gomes came on and could have had an assist and a goal

instead he ballooned one over the bar instead of feeding richy and then smacked the other straight at the villa defender

Did all the hard work with the turn and then blazed it over the bar it was criminal not hitting the target from that chance.

Basically means we have to get something against city now
giphy.gif

If 0 0 is a capitulation then you’re opinion is correct, else it isn’t.
Context matters. You're speaking about this specific result because you want to be pedantic. I'm speaking of their repeated failure to rise in the table to a position that matters. You'll notice in the post you quoted that I wasn't speaking only about this result. So in your mind I'm wrong, and in mine I'm right. Doesn't really matter either way unless you're looking for an argument to pass the time.

Why do I raise my hopes...clearly we are incapable of making progress when it counts! I so want to be wrong but Europe ain’t happening next year is it?

One of those games really. We didn't play badly but we didn't play well enough to win.

There's no lack of effort but there was very little quality on show.

Tough to pick a man of the match as again, nobody did badly, just nobody stood out.

Typical Everton really in that a chance to go up the table was missed. Just a bit of a meh game.

Status
Not open for further replies.