Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does FFP have any legs to stand on this upcoming window? With the Snide 6 breaking rules unpunished and the City verdict are we really hamstrung once again by ffp?
Not really, we havent really been hamstrung by FFP for a while now, I mean we haven't complied with FFP for the last 3 years anyway.

• Everton have posted losses of almost £265m in three years
FFP limits clubs losses of 105m over 3 years.

The main that holds us back is not being an attractive club to join, no European football to offer players, which means that most good players will join other clubs.

Not really, we havent really been hamstrung by FFP for a while now, I mean we haven't complied with FFP for the last 3 years anyway.

The main that holds us back is not being an attractive club to join, no European football to offer players, which means that most good players will join other clubs.
And already having a load of average players on ridiculous wages. We've done a Man City but backwards, inside out, with a sprinkling of holy moly that is UGLY management bruv.

So it's worse than I thought... I thought Brands was complying with FFP and that's why we've struggled to address issues season after season.

So it's worse than I thought... I thought Brands was complying with FFP and that's why we've struggled to address issues season after season.
We don't have infinite money to spend.

The issue is we have players, like for example, Bolaise, Besic, Tosun, Bernie now to a degree, Walcott, Delph I suppose, players who are taking a vast sum of money each week from us and contributing little or nothing at all.

Now sure some of those players are out on loan now and we are getting some of their wages paid, but our wage bill is unsustainable, its up to Moshiri how much we spend each summer.

The man has thrown about 500m at us the last few years, I mean he takes some of the blame for the wastefulness, but there has to be a limit on what we can spend.

We lose a few players this summer, hopefully we can move a few on, I'm not hopeful that we see major Outs sadly.

But there has to be a degree of basic housekeeping.

I honestly don't think we have struggled to address issues as such, I just think we have put faith in certain players and they have been found wanting.

We don't have infinite money to spend.

The issue is we have players, like for example, Bolaise, Besic, Tosun, Bernie now to a degree, Walcott, Delph I suppose, players who are taking a vast sum of money each week from us and contributing little or nothing at all.

Now sure some of those players are out on loan now and we are getting some of their wages paid, but our wage bill is unsustainable, its up to Moshiri how much we spend each summer.

The man has thrown about 500m at us the last few years, I mean he takes some of the blame for the wastefulness, but there has to be a limit on what we can spend.

We lose a few players this summer, hopefully we can move a few on, I'm not hopeful that we see major Outs sadly.

But there has to be a degree of basic housekeeping.

I honestly don't think we have struggled to address issues as such, I just think we have put faith in certain players and they have been found wanting.
I hope for his sake that this really is some sort of laundering exercise, otherwise we haven't half had his kecks down.

With Sancho supposedly now available for £73mil (down from £110mil last summer) there should be value in doing deals early with clubs that need the money.

what abt that argentine lad from Canaries ?

i think we are slowly reaching a point where no european football wont be a big thing for English clubs . i dont think any liverpool player will leave if they miss on top four . the english league and the money involved in it is enough to lure good players from other CL clubs like Dortmund , AC Milan .

With Sancho supposedly now available for £73mil (down from £110mil last summer) there should be value in doing deals early with clubs that need the money.
Our issues are clear to see, some we knew before the season started. So let’s hope we have a deal or two in the pipeline

Other than Maddison none of the rest are quality players.

Bog standard Premier League players.
Any of those are our bench would be an improvement.
cash would keep Coleman out the first team. Ollybwatkins would have played 30 times this season standing in for james and dcl, and pushing richarlison in his current form.
Bowen is performing in a better side than ours and Godfrey has been one of our players of the season. But it’s about opinions I guess

what abt that argentine lad from Canaries ?

i think we are slowly reaching a point where no european football wont be a big thing for English clubs . i dont think any liverpool player will leave if they miss on top four . the english league and the money involved in it is enough to lure good players from other CL clubs like Dortmund , AC Milan .

People seem to forget that James, Allan, Digne, Godfrey etc all joined when we didn't have European footy to offer. I think currently Carlo is a more important factor, and like you said, playing in the prem

Nearly all players signed from the Championship are nowhere near good enough to play in the Champions League. Think about it, how many can you actually name?
Good job we are nowhere near the champions league then, probably won't even be in europe, so the points, whilst not wrong, isn't really valid.

Good job we are nowhere near the champions league then, probably won't even be in europe, so the points, whilst not wrong, isn't really valid.
Off the top of my head - players we could have signed in the championship in the last 7 or so years... that would have improved our squad to the point of picking up vital points this season:
Grealish
Madison
Maguire
Olly watkins
Matty cash
Bowens
quarter of the wolves, Leeds and Brighton

add Godfrey, dcl to the list. There are rich pickings at that level

Status
Not open for further replies.