Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given James isn't always fit and Sig(apart from set pieces), Gomes, Iwobi and Bernard aren't offering much in terms of assists and goals we badly need another creative mobile midfielder. As well as a winger with pace.

Any word on who your manager will be?

Surely Roy cant be staying?
We’re going down next season no matter who is manager? :)
I think;
Roy is going and it will be either Dyche, Lampard or Howe.
After the DeBoer fiasco I think the Vierra and Ishmael rumours are wide of the mark.
From the likely candidates I would prefer Lampard but understand if it was Dyche.
Howe can get in the bin.

Nearly all players signed from the Championship are nowhere near good enough to play in the Champions League. Think about it, how many can you actually name?
I know it might come as a shock but we won't be in the CL next season.
In addition I see the beat young talent from the Championship giving us decent depth rather than starters.

We’re going down next season no matter who is manager? :)
I think;
Roy is going and it will be either Dyche, Lampard or Howe.
After the DeBoer fiasco I think the Vierra and Ishmael rumours are wide of the mark.
From the likely candidates I would prefer Lampard but understand if it was Dyche.
Howe can get in the bin.
lol no Alan, if you get a good manager you have every chance, I didn't factor in that Roy wouldn't be staying tbh.

I know it might come as a shock but we won't be in the CL next season.
In addition I see the beat young talent from the Championship giving us decent depth rather than starters.

Yeah, that's fair, you can get definitely get some decent Prem-quality players, they're just never going to bridge the gap to the top sides.

Having said all this, I definitely would have taken Watkins. He wouldn't be out of place in the CL.

I think Watkins is being overplayed cos he scored against us.

Im defo not saying he's a bad player, but I will see how well he does next season before I declare him good, rather than average.

Hes not a bad player and he was superb yesterday.

Its a slight rumour from The Athletic, nothing really solid as yet.

Not crazy wages no, but getting better than what we have is a very low bar, we need quality players.
Fair comment over Watkins, but i somehow think he won t be a one season wonder. Has pace, and really good movement, the Liverpool game sticks out, he was all over the place.

Im better than what we have.

If your trying to find a player better than Alex Iwobi you could probably get a few from The National Leagues who would do a better job.

I haven't knocked Ivan Toney for the record, nor have I said we shouldn't buy from The championship, I just said other than Maddison the rest arent all that.

I would defo be all for taking a chance on somebody like Toney rather than Bellotti for example.
With Brentford possibly coming up it’ll be another big fee

Status
Not open for further replies.