2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine PSG may very well give reduced playing time to him as the season closes as negotiation tactics - the more he scores the bigger his price tag rises.
Maybe mate, but in the biggest game of season i don't think Pochettino even looked in his direction. Neymar,Mbappe and Di Maria are going nowhere by all accounts, do they throw all that money at a striker especially with Icardi on the books. I think our two options are to have him back unhappy and sulking or we swap him for 2 Juventus players they don't want.

Maybe mate, but in the biggest game of season i don't think Pochettino even looked in his direction. Neymar,Mbappe and Di Maria are going nowhere by all accounts, do they throw all that money at a striker especially with Icardi on the books. I think our two options are to have him back unhappy and sulking or we swap him for 2 Juventus players they don't want.

We either keep him or sell him if someone offers decent money. It's not hard.

If we keep him we've got a player who's had a good season under his belt and is definitely a player with a lot of talent there. If we have Europe then there'd be plenty of games to go around.

If we sell him we can get £35m for him, whoever from.

WHat a bizarre post
I can see what he's getting at to be fair. There are people talking about getting £60m for him. I think it's a pretty solid point that if he's seen more as someone to score goals against Ligue 1 fodder and have a few run outs off the bench in the CL then they aren't going to be paying anything like that for him. Obviously whether not bringing him on in one game is enough evidence to suggest that is a different argument, but the basic premise of the point is decent I think.

I can see what he's getting at to be fair. There are people talking about getting £60m for him. I think it's a pretty solid point that if he's seen more as someone to score goals against Ligue 1 fodder and have a few run outs off the bench in the CL then they aren't going to be paying anything like that for him. Obviously whether not bringing him on in one game is enough evidence to suggest that is a different argument, but the basic premise of the point is decent I think.

He has started 21 Ligue 1 games this season and played in 8 of ten CL games. He was left out for unknown reasons (presume tactically) tonight and so he is deemed not good enough?!
I dunno, seems a massive jump to a very tenuous conclusion imo

I think Moise Kean is exactly the kind of player we judge Brands on

- Young player to use, develop and sell at profit
- Young player bought as an investment for us, and we want him to grow into a serious striker for us

If Brands has been clever, he's thought of it in these terms, and maybe now the decision is - is he going to flourish under Ancelotti, and maybe as Richy's competition or long-term replacement, or is it time to cash in now - however you look at it it's been a decent year, even if he's scored 'only' against ligue1 (just seen @Noisy noise annoys post above and agree - he's had a decent season) and we'll get at least £10m profit. (we should expect £40m I would guess, realistically)

I think Moise Kean is exactly the kind of player we judge Brands on

- Young player to use, develop and sell at profit
- Young player bought as an investment for us, and we want him to grow into a serious striker for us

If Brands has been clever, he's thought of it in these terms, and maybe now the decision is - is he going to flourish under Ancelotti, and maybe as Richy's competition or long-term replacement, or is it time to cash in now - however you look at it it's been a decent year, even if he's scored 'only' against ligue1 (just seen @Noisy noise annoys post above and agree - he's had a decent season) and we'll get at least £10m profit. (we should expect £40m I would guess, realistically)

A lad that was hardly any use when he played for us, who goes out on loan with no replacement coming in, who we will then sell for a profit of around 10mil?

I don’t really know why people are giving him credit for signing Kean. He’s provided next to no output for us and looks like he’ll probably end up leaving. I’d have preferred him to get someone in who is going to play for us.

A lad that was hardly any use when he played for us, who goes out on loan with no replacement coming in, who we will then sell for a profit of around 10mil?

I don’t really know why people are giving him credit for signing Kean. He’s provided next to no output for us and looks like he’ll probably end up leaving. I’d have preferred him to get someone in who is going to play for us.

that's what i mean - we judge Brands on this kind of deal.

...anyway 'Arteta Money' i know £10m is a sensitive number for you, must have been a trigger lol

Status
Not open for further replies.