Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was more rhetorical, but you've emphasised my point.

We have a strong financial backer, but there's still limitations in terms of our squad size and wage bill (compared to quality) and our revenue versus outlay.
I don't think we will ever be back where we were under Moyes at least

I don't think we will ever be back where we were under Moyes at least
Neither do I, but on the other hand the neccesity to be cautions and frugal meant that we purchased some wonderful bargains: Pienaar, Baines, Cahill, Arteta.

That's just to name a few. I'm not saying we will or should ever wish to be in that situation, yet for the first few seasons we swung to the other extreme.

We were to an extent awash with cash and spent recklessly if not incompetently, which itself now has a lasting legacy or being burdened with expensive dross.

I think people can sometimes forget that and either naively, or simply out of a lack of understanding, think we can simply fix the mess with more cash.

It will also take time to remember the ineffectual wage earners and bring in acquisitions that fulfil Moshiri's, Brand's and Ancelotti's long term desires and plans.

That's why the signings of James, Allan and to a lesser extent Doucouré (now 28) could arguably be seen as a risk, but I think they want a boost of quality.

The club however will be wanting to be more cautious with signings so we don't overspend on rubbish: we'll pay reasonably big money if we're confident.

Neither do I, but on the other hand the neccesity to be cautions and frugal meant that we purchased some wonderful bargains: Pienaar, Baines, Cahill, Arteta.

That's just to name a few. I'm not saying we will or should ever wish to be in that situation, yet for the first few seasons we swung to the other extreme.

We were to an extent awash with cash and spent recklessly if not incompetently, which itself now has a lasting legacy or being burdened with expensive dross.

I think people can sometimes forget that and either naively, or simply out of a lack of understanding, think we can simply fix the mess with more cash.

It will also take time to remember the ineffectual wage earners and bring in acquisitions that fulfil Moshiri's, Brand's and Ancelotti's long term desires and plans.

That's why the signings of James, Allan and to a lesser extent Doucouré (now 28) could arguably be seen as a risk, but I think they want a boost of quality.

The club however will be wanting to be more cautious with signings so we don't overspend on rubbish: we'll pay reasonably big money if we're confident.
The key would be to both do what Moyes does in evaluating players where he both considers their abilities but also whether they can improve and whether they have specific skills that he needs in his planned system while still having the money to go after established players who fit.

I think we have a clear transfer plan:

Right Back
Centre Midfield
Right Wing/Forward

Carlo wants ready to go signings like Allan, Doucoure and James who will take their place in the first team.

Brands will be looking for the squad players who will be the next step behind but part of the bigger picture like Kean, Godfrey, Nkounkou and Branthwaite.

I think we get three solid first team additions who make the starting XI andto quote Kevin Campbell, players to fatten the squad like for like.

With up to 14 players leaving this summer from the former first teamers to Under 23, we will be pinpointing our squad for the first time since Moshiri took over.

Big money will be invested, our board wants to go into our new stadium with the best they can offer.

Right Back
Centre Midfield
Right Wing/Forward

Carlo wants ready to go signings like Allan, Doucoure and James who will take their place in the first team.

Brands will be looking for the squad players who will be the next step behind but part of the bigger picture like Kean, Godfrey, Nkounkou and Branthwaite.

I think we get three solid first team additions who make the starting XI andto quote Kevin Campbell, players to fatten the squad like for like.

With up to 14 players leaving this summer from the former first teamers to Under 23, we will be pinpointing our squad for the first time since Moshiri took over.

Big money will be invested, our board wants to go into our new stadium with the best they can offer.

Age profile is vitally important to us this summer. We need to be looking at bringing in first team-ready players in the 24-26 age bracket.

Right Back
Centre Midfield
Right Wing/Forward

Agree on the three areas, but I think we need more than three. We need a back up keeper and probably another forward too who can play across the front even if they are young/squad players .

We kept Iwobi, who is a left midfielder/ten who likes to cut in just like Bernard, when what we desperately needed was a right winger to offer pace and width.

Tell you what would transform this team a Grealish/Kessie type. Someone to drive and create with pace from central areas. Would transform us. Who can we get at a more reasonable value who offers this?

Right Back
Centre Midfield
Right Wing/Forward

The problem with that is it is not sustainable. You can't get "ready to go" players who are touching 30 and injury prone. That leaves you with massive holes when they miss more than a handful of games a year.

*edit* we have James and Allan on 2 year contracts with options for a 3rd for both. That means we probably need to replace them in a year or two tops. Continuing to buy players of that age (and ilk I guess) means we are always going to be chopping and changing.

Everton midfielder Muhamed Besic has emerged as a target for Championship side Reading this summer, with his Everton deal set to expire.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina international will see his contract at Goodison Park come to an end at the season’s conclusion, having signed from Ferencvaros in 2014.

logo

Besic hasn’t featured competitively for Everton since playing at centre-back against Apollon Limassol in the Europa League in December 2017.
https://www.[Publication is blacklisted]/static/uploads/6/2021/04/Muhamed-Besic.png
According to Telegraph Sport, Championship club Reading are keen on signing the former Middlesbrough and Sheffield United loanee in the summer.
The Royals had looked to sign the Bosnian in January as they sought to bolster their options ahead of their promotional push, with the club currently just one place and two points outside of the play-offs.

However they couldn’t agree to terms before the deadline, and Telegraph Sportclaim they will now consider reigniting their interest once he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.
https://www.[Publication is blacklisted]/static/uploads/6/2021/04/Muhamed-Besic-3.png
Unfortunate story
Roberto Martinez decided to sign Besic after watching him impress for Bosnia at the 2014 World Cup, playing in an unfamiliar position, and in one game man-marking Lionel Messi with ease for 45 minutes.

Signed for just £4million the 21-year old looked to be a long-term steal, certain to impress in the Premier League with his tenacity and work rate.
However, Besic ultimately could offer only that. He had plenty of steel and grit in midfield, but little else to warrant his inclusion over midfield maestros Gareth Barry and James McCarthy.
Still, he remained an important squad player until the summer of 2016, where a cruciate ligament injury would rule him out for over a year and effectively spell the end of his Everton career.
Besic always wore his heart on his sleeve when playing for the Blues, and though his intensity and tough-tackling nature is what he’ll be remembered for, his desire to work hard to perform for his club should be revered just as much.
Hopefully, he’ll find some degree of consistency should he decide to move to the Madejski Stadium in the summer.

Napoli are keen on Yerry Mina and he could be offered in part-exchange for Everton top target Kalidou Koulibaly, Football Insider can reveal.
The Colombia international’s future at the Premier League club is in doubt as Carlo Ancelotti looks to recruit an elite centre-back.

Football Insider revealed last week that Spanish outfit Valencia are interested in Mina, 26, and now a recruitment source has said Serie A big guns Napoli are also in the race.
https://www.[Publication is blacklisted]/static/uploads/1/2021/02/Yerry-Mina-bandage.jpg
That could prove useful leverage for Everton as they will need to offload some first-team stars to pave the way for some top signings this summer.
This site broke the news on 22nd March that Ancelotti has made Koulibaly his number one target as he looks to recruit a “world-class” centre-back.

The Merseysiders are aware the Senegal international will have to move this summer if Napoli are to secure a £50million-plus fee.

Nah not at all, Olise at Reading is meant to have an £8m release fee and he is big and strong and pacey or Fabio Viera who is a very good young midfielder coming through at Porto
I'll have a look at those two someone also mentioned Denis Zakaria has twelve months on his contract left. You have to hope our scouts have been working hard the past few years to unearth some players.

Status
Not open for further replies.