2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what pees me off, some of the excuses given are shocking.

Leicester won the league with Wes Morgan, Christian Fuchs, Danny Simpson and Robert Huth.

Blaming a lack of resource is just an easy pass for managers.

By that logic any team in the country that has better players than Morgan, Fuchs, Simpson and Huth should be winning the league and their manager should be sacked if they don't.

Leicester's title winning season is hardly the basis on which to define the norm. It was one of the greatest sporting upsets in history.

Lads, he's been here a year and a half.

Bielsa had a team of jobbers playing his way in a month.

Don't get why so many fans just think it's all on the players that we've only got one bloke who can actually play togger.

Lads, he's been here a year and a half.

Bielsa had a team of jobbers playing his way in a month.

Don't get why so many fans just think it's all on the players that we've only got one bloke who can actually play togger.
The defence of Ancelotti is purely based on who he is and nothing to do with his performances as manager here.

Even in a lot of the games we’ve won, we’ve been extremely fortunate to do so.

He’s won more than most managers in the world. I’m happy to give him time. All the time.
Just because he’s won stuff elsewhere, when he was younger and hungrier, doesn’t mean he will be a success here.

We look no closer to ending our trophy drought and no closer to getting in Europe.

All this for a manager on top whack and who brought in seven of his own players.

If Goodison was packed tonight and we just witnessed another nothingness at home against a bang average side, there would be boos raining down.

He’s lucky there are no fans, very lucky.

Folks. Rome wasn’t built in a day. It wasn’t even built in a week. I very much doubt it was built within building regulations to be honest but anyway.......

Patience folks. We finally have one of the world’s great managers. Let him do his thing. Don’t rush it because if a draw.

He’s won more than most managers in the world. I’m happy to give him time. All the time.

I'm happy to give him time too.

But we're a team - a club - that cries out for an identity. Carlo is a manager that has never had one. That's not to take away from his achievements, but we genuinely get outplayed by pretty much every team we face. That's a worry.

Now, I know we need better players, and Brands is a lucky man to be staying on, if he is, IMO, because our squad is so imbalanced and it's paper thin. But I'm not having that they can't be working on stuff like 'passing to team-mates' in training. Without James, who can't be relied on as good as he is, we have no way of playing with the footy. It's just hit and hope. Again, 16 months in (apologies for the poor maths) I'd expect better.

What I can't get my head around is why we can't keep the ball? We could have won tonight if we had taken the sting out of the game.
That’s the biggest flaw in this team - they simply can’t manage possession- players don’t make angles for each other and when the centre half’s attempt a pass longer than 10 yds they just give it aback to the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.