Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
says the guy who said goals are not considered boring....

and no, I won’t do one.
They’re not. Hence me being perfectly happy with a boring last 15mins.

Of course maybe I’m wrong. Maybe goals are in fact the most boring part of football.

But if so, someone ought to tell the people who shout and scream and cheer and sing every time one goes in.

And.... pity

Should never have come down to Palace nicking one to earn the draw. If up 3-0, as Everton surely should have been, no one is losing their minds over the substitutes coming on for clearly gassed James and Coleman.

The issue with James is, he was knackered. But he’s the only player we have who can bloody pass so keep him on and get legs around him.
The subs were dreadful and asked for trouble

he was tired but he was the only player who they feared. They completely took control after he went off.

If Michael Keane knew how to position himself correctly we'd be fine. What has happened to him? Mina gets stick but he was doing everything today in a back 3. If Holgate isn't RB he's on the bench, bizarre to bring Godfrey on and leave him RB instead of switching out Holgate.
What happened to him is he was put into a back 3 that he doesn't know how to play.

Can we all agree now, the season is over for us. Let's not replace Newcastle as the most deluded fans.
It effing well hurts.
If we were to get Europe it would be one year to early, as Carlos still needs to get rid of some of the poor players he Inherited. We were never going to get CL this season, perhaps we still might get Europa which would be ok. But tbh I’m not bothered waiting another year.

Not for one moment do I think I am an expert but Coleman was my mom followed by James and both were taken off (no, genuinely they were). And as much as I really urge Davies to succeed, anyone who thinks he has an Everton future is kidding themselves (or accepts Everton will achieve nothing in next 15 years). And is there any striker worse at 1 on 1 than DCL? Yes, Everton could have scored 5 or 6, but until the number 9 learns how to score from more than three yards away, this will not happen. Oh well, trying to be positive, at least it was better than v Newcastle, Fulham, Burnley etc.

....such a disappointment, such a nothing result.

Thought Holgate & Mina were fine, I really don’t like Keane in that right side of three CBs, the opposition continually get in that channel.

I thought our best two players were taken off, Rodriguez & Coleman. I’m going for Coleman as MoM as he created a number of chances, including the assist for the goal.
Those 2 subs were the key for me. Completely lost momentum after that.

It was open with Coleman on the pitch. Godfrey was beyond awful. Coleman wasnt better.
Palace offered nothing, it was working they may got in behind on the flank but then all they did was hit it back to the midfield. Either way you don’t make changes to your back line when a game is that close.

Lads a bit of perspective here... we were comfortably in control until we made subs.
Yeah. The manager made appalling subs that cost us 2pts.

There are absolutely times when you should look to hold what you have, but 1-0 up at home to a team you’re creating chances against for fun is not one of them.

King hasn’t done anything of note, granted, but the way the game went I’d have backed him to get a chance in the last 15 or so, and hopefully put it away. Instead we sent on Gbamin who was completely ineffective in doing what he’d been sent on to do.

Missing chances is on the strikers but losing 2pts is 100% on the manager.

If we'd held onto our lead we would have been level on points with the three teams above us. Having said that, we are a mile behind on goal difference, which is no wonder when we keep missing gold plated chances. Even West Ham have a far better goal difference. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.