New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't think it's unreasonable to question the capacity, I never said it was. I said it comes across as childish in the context of saying 'the stadium needs to be bigger because Spurs' is bigger' etc.

One last reply. I think Dan Meis called this "size envy".

This is never about that. There's a benchmark (some call it the sweet spot) and I would like Everton to have started BMD at this benchmark. Some people crow about wanting it to be bigger than the RS ground just because. I don't care about any of them I want Everton to be as ambitious as they can. I always said the Lucas Oil Stadium
is what we should have copied, for want of a better phrase. Meis knew of this he included LOS in his presentations.

Meis was challenged with a number of things one being the overly cautious Elstone at the time.

I don't think it's unreasonable to question the capacity, I never said it was. I said it comes across as childish in the context of saying 'the stadium needs to be bigger because Spurs' is bigger' etc. If you're saying I think it should be bigger because I'm concerned I might not be able to get a ticket, that's understandable. If you're saying I think it needs to be bigger because I've run numerous models and they all show financially we'll be missing out hugely by not adding another 8k seats, that's fine. If you're saying we need to have a bigger stadium because otherwise people will look at our capacity and West Ham's capacity and say we're not as big as them - and you're not 7 years old - it's weird.

is there a case that newer builds are now factoring safe standing at greater than 1:1 also? Comparing to new grounds built specifically for seating or 1:1 only may not be as valid as we think. Our build is 52,888 but by opening it could easily be 58k without changing anything.

One last reply. I think Dan Meis called this "size envy".

This is never about that. There's a benchmark (some call it the sweet spot) and I would like Everton to have started BMD at this benchmark. Some people crow about wanting it to be bigger than the RS ground just because. I don't care about any of them I want Everton to be as ambitious as they can. I always said the Lucas Oil Stadium
is what we should have copied, for want of a better phrase. Meis knew of this he included LOS in his presentations.

Meis was challenged with a number of things one being the overly cautious Elstone at the time.

Yeah, sounds like it.

I read it that those packages include the respective seating area so you're Bronze season ticket would be both the bar etc plus seat in one section of the ground. GA looks like just concourses from what I can gather.

Personally I'd like an indoor bar/pub type area which is comfortable and serving decent ale, that'll do me. If they don't provide that then I'll go to the bars that will spring up around the ground.
Can you remember if they gave an idea of the extra cost for the bronze package? I think the bronze one could be interesting as long as the beer prices are not exhuberent too

I’ve just checked and it’s actually 41,000. Same as Goodison.
Which in itself hammers home the point. I had no idea of that either, because 99% of us have absolutely no idea what a stadium's capacity is, and couldn't care less. I've been to most PL stadiums and I couldn't tell you what any of them hold, or rank them in terms of capacity. You might have a ball park idea - I know The Emirates is somewhere in the region of 60k for example, but no idea if it's 57 or 63 - but nothing like a knowledge of the actual figures.. When I was at school i'd have said haha we've got a bigger stadium than you we're obviously better, now I just don't see why people get so hung up on it.

Man City are the most successful club in the country, playing out of the 3rd biggest City, and they can't sell 52,000 tickets. Ticket income is not as important as it used to be, unless you're a tourist club like the rs or Man Utd.
This
All day long.
We need a new ground because we need one.
Not because not capacity,
Not because of location
And certainly not because we'll double the gate money.

Anyway - Just get it built...for Whatever reason