Next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could have the choice of manager for us I'd take Brendan Rodgers in a heart beat. He's a preposterous character, and that would be the huge downside. However, he knows the PL and he knows how to get the job done.

If we'd got him in instead of Silva and handed him £200M to spend wed'd be in a very decent position right now squad wise and performance wise.

Mark Hughes. I still can't believe our owners haven't picked up on the fact that he started the Man City revolution. Without him in charge they Arabs would have invested in Charlton Athletic instead. :hayee:

If I could have the choice of manager for us I'd take Brendan Rodgers in a heart beat. He's a preposterous character, and that would be the huge downside. However, he knows the PL and he knows how to get the job done.

If we'd got him in instead of Silva and handed him £200M to spend wed'd be in a very decent position right now squad wise and performance wise.
I couldn’t do it. He’s a good manager but he is just a colossal knobhead and that’s with the RS stuff aside. I just couldn’t abide by the bloke and I’d stop watching any of the pre and post match and behind the scenes stuff with the club

we really deserve nothing if people unironically want Ancelotti out after 2 seasons.
I'm not gonna pretend like it's all rosy because it isn't and the Football is top 3 worst in the league but lets give him time to make his mark.

I couldn’t do it. He’s a good manager but he is just a colossal knobhead and that’s with the RS stuff aside. I just couldn’t abide by the bloke and I’d stop watching any of the pre and post match and behind the scenes stuff with the club
You'd get over it with the style of play he'd deploy here.

we really deserve nothing if people unironically want Ancelotti out after 2 seasons.
I'm not gonna pretend like it's all rosy because it isn't and the Football is top 3 worst in the league but lets give him time to make his mark.
I dont think there's a will to see the back of him amongst fans. But this "style" of football cant prevail for much longer. It's dire.

I'm sure this thread was started tongue in cheek, shocking people are taking it seriously. I'm bitching and moaning as much as anyone but no way I want anyone other than Carlo frickin Ancelotti, just get him some better tools that he trusts because we have to play like this due to that fact, he doesn't trust the players.

I dont think there's a will to see the back of him amongst fans. But this "style" of football cant prevail for much longer. It's dire.
I agree, I'm only in favour of it this season because we can maybe get Europe off it but it's certainly not the way forward and think questions about his style or why we have no set way of playing yet is very valid, I'm however not in favour of getting rid any time soon, We've beaten a top 4 team away and the RS away, The foundations for something good are there imo.

I agree, I'm only in favour of it this season because we can maybe get Europe off it but it's certainly not the way forward and think questions about his style or why we have no set way of playing yet is very valid, I'm however not in favour of getting rid any time soon, We've beaten a top 4 team away and the RS away, The foundations for something good are there imo.
He has another season to get it right.

Of course I back Carlo 100% but I’d rather we were 10th and playing football in a way that looks though we are developing something.
First few games aside we’ve had no discernible style of play, and we have the worst counter attack in the division.

Have to agree with frankie on this 1 p049l0h9.jpg

That's what FSG said when they handed him the Torres money plus investment, right? I seem to remember him and Comolli squandering most of it.

It's a silly conversation anyway because it depends on where Carlo leaves us. If we are a CL club with a squad to match, it's one list of names. If not, it's another.

We've given Bobby Fischer two pawns and a rook and asked him to play like Bobby Fischer. If we're lucky, we'll have Rodriguez on the run-in and see at least a little proper footy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.