New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not a chance. Unless we have a miraculous change of profile before moving 20m is the upper limit of what we can hope for.

Spurs, Champions league regulars (until Jose arrived), based in London and a host venue for NFL games still can't secure a sponsor.
I don’t think there’s any rules for this? Or maybe there is.
But if Spurs get 15mil a year and we get 25mil, maybe it doesn’t reflect the market,
But can the powers at be, really do anything?

Funnily enough I was thinking of stadium naming rights last night and was thinking how many new stadium’s have naming right in the PL, Can only think of the Emirates and the Etihad, King Power and Falmer Stadium ( Brighton thank you google). It seems that naming rights is not all that prevalent.

Funnily enough I was thinking of stadium naming rights last night and was thinking how many new stadium’s have naming right in the PL, Can only think of the Emirates and the Etihad, King Power and Falmer Stadium ( Brighton thank you google). It seems that naming rights is not all that prevalent.
The Theatre of Dreams @old Trafford
The Sewer Pit @Anfield

I think a lot of that is because Goodison will always be known as Goodison, Old Trafford as Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge as Stamford Bridge and Anfield as a shitehole

I think a lot of that is because Goodison will always be known as Goodison, Old Trafford as Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge as Stamford Bridge and Anfield as a shitehole
Yeah I get that, but I’m not sure clubs especially the ones you mentioned above would turn their backs on mega bucks for the sake of not wanting to change the name of their ground, was just wondering if the clubs you mentioned have been approached with regards to naming rights and have refused. Or do you think it’s the sponsors who not sure of the benefits of the naming rights issues.

I don’t think there’s any rules for this? Or maybe there is.
But if Spurs get 15mil a year and we get 25mil, maybe it doesn’t reflect the market,
But can the powers at be, really do anything?
Its not our fault Spurs can't get at a sponsor.

Market Rates or some such is the rule
Times have changed since the Emirates were sponsored.
So Market Rates is whatever Uncle Uzzie is prepared to fork out, bcause nobody has sponsored a ground for a good few years...loft conversions dont count.

Yeah I get that, but I’m not sure clubs especially the ones you mentioned above would turn their backs on mega bucks for the sake of not wanting to change the name of their ground, was just wondering if the clubs you mentioned have been approached with regards to naming rights and have refused. Or do you think it’s the sponsors who not sure of the benefits of the naming rights issues.

In my opinion, the value for stadium naming rights aren't there on certain stadiums. Why pay a fortune to a club, one that would be criticised by its fan base for doing so, when everybody will just call it by its actual name anyway. Do you call St James Park the Sports Direct Arena?

I have no doubt they have been approached, but Old Trafford, Anfield etc, a huge part of their current income is based around the name of their ground. Old Trafford is worth more to them than any feasible income from being called Chevrolet Park, or Liverpool's Anfield being called the Nivea Face Cream ground.

As at Everton, Goodison Park is part of our identity, it is part of who we are. BMD hasn't yet had the opportunity to be that, which is why, imo, the value potential of naming is so high. If you get in and secure it for 10/20 years at a huge cost, there is a real chance that the name becomes synonymous with the club and your brand name is mentioned socially when your aren't even paying for it any more. That 10/20 year cost is all of a sudden spread out for 30/40 years value. That is something difficult to remove with a simple new name. Similar to the well known story of Hoover and vacuums. Vax/Shark/Dyson don't build Hoovers, Hoover do.

In my opinion, the value for stadium naming rights aren't there on certain stadiums. Why pay a fortune to a club, one that would be criticised by its fan base for doing so, when everybody will just call it by its actual name anyway. Do you call St James Park the Sports Direct Arena?

I have no doubt they have been approached, but Old Trafford, Anfield etc, a huge part of their current income is based around the name of their ground. Old Trafford is worth more to them than any feasible income from being called Chevrolet Park, or Liverpool's Anfield being called the Nivea Face Cream ground.

As at Everton, Goodison Park is part of our identity, it is part of who we are. BMD hasn't yet had the opportunity to be that, which is why, imo, the value potential of naming is so high. If you get in and secure it for 10/20 years at a huge cost, there is a real chance that the name becomes synonymous with the club and your brand name is mentioned socially when your aren't even paying for it any more. That 10/20 year cost is all of a sudden spread out for 30/40 years value. That is something difficult to remove with a simple new name. Similar to the well known story of Hoover and vacuums. Vax/Shark/Dyson don't build Hoovers, Hoover do.
Trade names becoming Proper Nouns by default - durex...and in Hoover's case - a Verb

People thinking that our stadium naming rights are going to be legit are way off the mark
You might be right. It does beg the question of why we didn’t get more money from a new shirt sponsor and still haven’t got a sleeve sponsor. If we had money pumped in through those avenues I’d agree with you completely. As it is, I’m not so sure.

If it's the fans that make the atmosphere then why are people arguing that an overhang would be better? Isn't pretty much the 2nd biggest reason for the move the amount of restricted views we have at Goodison?

If it's the fans that make the atmosphere then why are people arguing that an overhang would be better? Isn't pretty much the 2nd biggest reason for the move the amount of restricted views we have at Goodison?
Modern overlapping tiers are cantilevered and shouldn't require support columns. If designed to green guide standards they should also allow for vertical sightline clearance to limit letterboxing effect. It is essentially the way to get greater capacity for footprint, and also adds greater value and exclusivity to the upper tier, bringing the premium seats much closer to the pitch. It also offers the opportunity of a broader ticket price range with cheaper general admission seats in these lower tiers.