Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I heard Dyche saying g he's going try make things a bit awkward for Everton today. Something about the way he said it didnt come across like he was going to park the bus.

I'm confused what our system is

It was a 4-3-1-2, which is, can we just categorically state this now, absolutely not a system that our squad is currently capable of playing. It's far too predictable and to work it needs powerful midfielders who have composure on the ball, and also two flying full-backs to offer the width.

It resulted in Burnley being able to play one or two passes to completely stretch us and that's where they got the chances from, combined with us playing our way into trouble. Allan is wasted as the 6, too, and isn't disciplined enough to play the role.

We've switched now to a 4-2-2-2 which has helped, but we're still wide open in the middle of the park.

Strangest half of football all season. Burnley are being made to look sensational, there 2 average midfielders are outrunning and outpassing our 3, Allan is trying but Gomes and Davies to a lesser extent just can't snuff out danger, Digne doesn't want to mark and Iwobi is thinking too much, he started well but has made terrible decisions since.

Going forward we look good, Richy sharp but final decision making is off, could have slipped Iwobi clean through but went for the harder ball to Iwobi.

I mentioned Wood earlier always a banker to score against us and trust McNeill to score goal of his life against us, they could also have had 3 pens.Why can't the Burnley that turned up against Spurs show up.

Can still win this.... Coleman for Holgate quick he's truly not good

It must be me..I thought Iwobi was running around a lot to no purpose, but I thought that Gomes was OK.Tom Davies mistake cost the first goal, second was a worldie. We have looked good when we can be arsed going forward, but we need to learn how to attack continually. Did someone just criticise Richie? I thought he ran at their defence to good effect, and had at least two on target shots. Beautiful pass from Allan to DCL just before half time. We can still win this, but we need to go at them relentlessly for the next 45.

Can only be luck that the game isn't over already.

An early equaliser in the 2nd half and Burley will surely be feeling like the gods have conspired against them.

Still hope but we cant play with any intensity.

Burnley deserve fully to be in front, but this g same ain't over, they do leave gaps and really if his first touch was better, Dom could have had three. Our defending has been awful though and has to improve, we have to protect our reserve keeper much better than how we protected Pickford. Iwobi's crossing has been poor and to be honest he has been awful, but he's not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.