3 issues to be addressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need new players, 3 or 4 very good ones.

We need other players to be moved on.

We need to keep our players fit more often.

We need to have more belief on the pitch.

But mostly point 1 above.
When we raided Norwich for Godfrey should have took their right back plus Cantwell too......

Passing back wrecks me. Against west Brom we had a throw at the edge of their box, 2 passes later it ended up back with Pickford. It's not a one off, I see it all the time. Absolutely infuriating.
Couldn’t agree more, also it would great if they could manage stringing a few passes together without loosing it. There passing in the oppositions half is nothing short of abysmal.

Passing back wrecks me. Against west Brom we had a throw at the edge of their box, 2 passes later it ended up back with Pickford. It's not a one off, I see it all the time. Absolutely infuriating.

Blame the personnel we have available.

I keep saying you go back to the start of the season and look at the players we had available, look at the football we played. Hardly much passing around at the back. James floating around the right wing cutting in, pulling the oppositions fullbacks away so Coleman could get forward and make overlapping runs, Gomes picking him out, with Doucoure covering for him, same down the left with Richy and Digne. Allan sitting doing a great job of recovering and getting the ball moving quickly.

It really is little coincidence that the moment we lost the core of that team it all went a bit west and the football became turgid to say the least.

It doesn’t help when nearly every game this season, at least 4 players have a stinker. The problem is, it’s not the same players.

Third game in 8 days and people are expecting us to go and press against a very good Chelsea team? You could see how much we are struggling as a squad just by looking at the state of the bench.

This group of players of higher in the league than they should be, that’s down to the manager. The 2 games before tonight were the important ones and we won them both, despite the struggling squad issues. The next 3 league games are crucial.

Third game in 8 days and people are expecting us to go and press against a very good Chelsea team? You could see how much we are struggling as a squad just by looking at the state of the bench.

This group of players of higher in the league than they should be, that’s down to the manager. The 2 games before tonight were the important ones and we won them both, despite the struggling squad issues. The next 3 league games are crucial.
Yes, in some ways it's a shame Chelsea were so close to us, otherwise we could have just thrown this game and given some of the players a much needed rest.

Our squad cannot keep carrying sick notes like Delph, Coleman, Mina and James
That’s just short of half a million pound a week!
At least James offers a bit of class when he plays but these players need shipping out this summer
Proper players and the right investment needed
I get what you're saying but Mina has started 18 league games this season. He's picked up an injury that put him out for a few weeks, it happens, but for me Mina is a guaranteed starter when fit. Delph can get in the nearest skip, James we knew has injury problems but he's different gravy, Coleman has needed replacing since his leg break and it is criminal its still not happened

We have no right-hand side. Coleman is coming towards the end of his career and can't stay fit, Holgate isn't a right back, Iwobi just isn't up to it... We've no right winger and no right back. It's madness, really. Has to be the top priority in summer. We need a top-class right back and at least two good players who don't look lost at right wing.

I get what you're saying but Mina has started 18 league games this season. He's picked up an injury that put him out for a few weeks, it happens, but for me Mina is a guaranteed starter when fit. Delph can get in the nearest skip, James we knew has injury problems but he's different gravy, Coleman has needed replacing since his leg break and it is criminal its still not happened
Keane and Godfrey for me.

Keane and Godfrey for me.
I like Keane and he's been brilliant but I think there is a bigger upside to Mina going forward over Keane. Just feels a lot more comfortable with him in the team. Can pass a ball, his positioning has really improved, fights for everything. if Carlo wants to move the defensive line a little higher when everyone is fit/new signings come in then I'm scared Keane will regress again

Holgate, when played at RB, default setting when he receives the ball is to look over his left shoulder and give it to Keane or back to Pickford. I accept his options are limited with Iwobi in front of him but he could also try a pass to an Allan, Doucore or Gomes. But he just never does. Frustrates the hell out of me.

I like Keane and he's been brilliant but I think there is a bigger upside to Mina going forward over Keane. Just feels a lot more comfortable with him in the team. Can pass a ball, his positioning has really improved, fights for everything. if Carlo wants to move the defensive line a little higher when everyone is fit/new signings come in then I'm scared Keane will regress again
I've said for ages I think Mina is much more of a liability than Keane. At his best he is probably a better player but you know what you get with Keane who didn't start the season great it has to be said but has hit form. Him and Godfrey look solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.