Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I honestly think we can keep them quiet. 1 0 to us with dom bagging the winner

Defence is always the most important part of the team. It’s the same back line that has kept clean sheets for 3 games on the bounce and been mostly solid for the year. Losing one of our centre backs would have been worse for me than losing Doucs. He will be a big miss but with that defence I’m always confident.

Looking at the Chelsea line up I think Tuchel has picked the wrong team. I'm pretty certain we're going to defend quite deep and, as long as we don't make too many errors, it's going to be hard for the likes of Hudson Odoi and Werner to find space to utilise their pace. I'd definitely have started with Giroud up top who would have caused us loads of problems, with Mount and Ziyech providing the guile.

To be honest, I'm more frightened by their bench than their starting XI. It does show what a strong squad they have though. But they've also been the Premier club least effected by injuries this season, and with the return of Thiago Silva to the subs bench I believe they may have a completely injury free squad.

I thought we were heading that way 2 weeks ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.