Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't play well but the important thing is we got the 3 points. Thought for the second game running we missed Tom Davies. Although I've never given up on the lad I really didn't think I'd be typing those words out this season.

I made a point earlier in this thread that we have 7 players out injured, including our main playmaker, our captain, our most in form player and a key defender. Mina would have been ideal to deal with that big grock they had up front. We also had 5 kids on the bench. I've read through about half a dozen match reports and there isn't a single reference to our injury situation, but everywhere else I keep reading about Leicester's injury woes, the RS, Grealish being out for Villa and United missing Pogba etc etc.

I actually quite like the idea that we just get on with it. You don't see our fans cryarsing about injuries (we'd much rather complain about squad depth) and Carlo has not once used injries as an excuse. I just thought it interesting that we aren't given the leeway other clubs are by the media when it comes to injuries.

You are not allowed to cite injuries unless you are Pyongyang Cult FC.

MOTD up to it’s usual standard. Why our game was last is a mystery. After the Spurs game interviewing JM “still in the fight for CL place”. Comes to the EFC game and we are “in the hunt for a European place”. Pathetic

MOTD up to it’s usual standard. Why our game was last is a mystery. After the Spurs game interviewing JM “still in the fight for CL place”. Comes to the EFC game and we are “in the hunt for a European place”. Pathetic
Even though it was only short it was actually better without all the talk in between games lol

Thought Pickfords save in the first few minutes was key. WBA played well & would have been full of confidence if that had gone in.

Thought some of his distribution was v.good as well, particularly to Digne.

Fair play to Pickford for getting his act together recently. He's always had the talent just lacked the composure that the top Keepers have. I Wonder what drugs they've gave him?

I like to think Carlo has played a masterstroke by completely resting James and Tom while managing to get us 6 points in 4 days. I dunno, I hope they're not out for Monday as they both should be playing. Sig has probably played his way into the team too but we can only play xi. I hope Seamus is fit but who knows. It's painful watching Mason at right back. Huge game Monday, jeez. I think Sig will start over James who probably won't be fit.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Allan Doucouré Davies
Sig DCL Richarlison​

Been thinking about “Everton that” a lot this season. Perhaps we should have a new saying for when we don’t mess up, “Everton this” perhaps?
Exactly.
We've progressed from poor performance and no result = Everton That
To
Let's face it, poor performance* and a good result = Everton This.

*Today's debate:
Is 3pts...3 very crucial points in actual fact...a poor performance...
My view on reflection probably not, it if it was, then only for the mythical 'neutral viewer's'...of whom " 'k him, her, they etc, and the horse they rode in on"

Edit; waiting for the BBC to amend their league table to just show the top 3

Everton This!
sniff it

I like to think Carlo has played a masterstroke by completely resting James and Tom while managing to get us 6 points in 4 days. I dunno, I hope they're not out for Monday as they both should be playing. Sig has probably played his way into the team too but we can only play xi. I hope Seamus is fit but who knows. It's painful watching Mason at right back. Huge game Monday, jeez. I think Sig will start over James who probably won't be fit.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Allan Doucouré Davies
Sig DCL Richarlison​
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.