Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact our left back is by far and away our best attacking threat - and is for quite a few of our games - says everything you need to know about how we play.

No one else seems to have any ability to carry the ball forward.

Unless we find something with subs, we're going to need another one of those 40 yard bombs on a rope to find Richarlison one-on-one to smash-and-grab this.

On the plus side, we didn't concede during as rocky of a 45 minutes as you'll see. We'd have horked one up in that November rough patch during a half like that.

Iwobi and Bernard woeful. I'd bring King on in place of one of them.

Gomes is having a good game for me.
Gomes isnt playing nearly as bad as some are claiming, but hes been bullied off the ball to much. Both Gomes and ADs passing have been too unaccurate. We need Gylfi and King on.

Back four solid and needs to be.
Doucoure working hard ,Gomes jogging around doing not much.
Bernard lively but ineffective, Iwobi a passenger apart from one or two dribbles.

Awful, I wish Allan,,King and Sigurdsson were playing instead of Iwobi, Gomes and Bernard

Stupid shouts about Carlo here, the players are the ones to blame if we don’t win this.
Everyone gets blame or credit when things go badly or well

we should be better at playing football than we are - as in, actually being able to pass and play with some pace to our game

First half thoughts:
- DCL's chance was begging for a left foot but he's clearly only right footed.
- Iwobi's early cross from a more central position when he had acres of space out wide baffled me, that's playing into the defences pocket. Take it wide lad and cross it from there.
- Overall lucky to be a draw so far for us. Ended the half well but West Brom was better overall. We're making them look good.

You hope that the likes of Iwobi and Bernard come in with fresh legs and make a difference but they've been somewhere between anonymous and abysmal.

I'd gladly punt them two and Gomes off who has been absolutely woeful once again. You've got Keane pushing past him doing balls he should be doing but he isn't interested one jot on receiving the ball and doing anything with it.

Dreadful 1st half performance when you think what's at stake. When we've actually got the ball down and played some football we've looked dangerous.

I sort of think Gomes just doesn't fit in now, he's been like a DM and he can't really tackle. But he doesn't have the pace to be the box to box player. We have been under too much pressure that half, but when it broke to Dom on about 40 minutes, I thought he was gonna slot it, but it wasn't to be

Status
Not open for further replies.