Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were happy just to see it out to half time. Seems harsh to me. Gomes has been positive on the ball. Theyve all played well. Allan a bit rusty but can't hold that against him.
We were seeing it out to half time from about 25 mins though... Gomes was positive.. and I called that out.. but then it all stopped. We can say what we want about Saints.. but there are no bad teams in the EPL.. we have to be ruthless.. show me a top team that isnt.

Happy with that first half, we are first to loose balls and we seem generally controlled in our play.

We need to get that second to become fully in control but I’ve not had too many nervy moments when they’ve been in possession to be fair so all around a good first half! COYB!

Something is just not right about this team, the right side is offering nothing going forward, Holgate just not comfortable in that position and Doucoure isn't a creator. Gomes is just not doing enough, fleeting in and out of games, not tackling or not getting on the ball. The 4 players on the ball most in that half have been Keane,Digne,Godfrey and Pickford and that's just passing between themselves. Best chance of scoring here is on the break if Soton push forward or from a set piece.

Lovely goal by the way, DCL did well and good ball from Siggy and a quality finish from Richarlison I'd love you to coast home now and not have to suffer.

Thought we were in control until the disallowed goal. Since then we’ve let them create a few openings and been running back towards our own goal. That said, we’ve still created the best chances and they’ve still not had a [Poor language removed] on target. Do worry that will change if we carry on the way we have, after the VAR decision
They have stepped up since the offside, still we are in control of them. Can't see them scoring unless we gift them one. They are there for the taking.

All will depend on how we come out now.

it has to be full throttle, we have to control it for the first 5-10 mins of the second half

but you just know we’ll concede a daft corner or free-kick

It's a very Italian style from the 80's / 90's we seem to be seeing. We've got the early goal, then we just pass it round the back, slowing things down with the occasional foray forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.