New Everton Stadium Discussion

I was thinking inside really, for us as spectators and at pitch level
Looking at the level of the roof and how far it comes over the pitch we will be fairly protected from the elements. They would of done all kinds of models of wind speed and direction of the wind, on how it affects the stadium itself but also how much enters to inside the ground. They did have wind barriers on the river side at first design but I think that has now been removed, but it shows the work they have done on it. The only element they will struggle with his the cold in the winter haha.

Eating a big slice of this now.

You were right, and I was wrong. See you in BMD. ( If I live long enough?)

HUMBLE PIE..jpg

52k is sensible, our ST figures went up after BM was first announced.
We can hope that being based where we are will help us bring more in, but in reality it will take quite a bit of time.
I just hope we have things during the week to entice people to the ground.
The amount of tourists you see at Anfield on a weekday is ridiculous considering where it is.
How many of those extra 13k seats are corporate ,that will not be available to ordinary fans

Does anyone know if there is going to be Dock access for boats.

Water taxis to town after a match would be boss.

If I won the lottery I would be decking out a boat as a boozer for journeys to and from town. Wouldn't be enough fixtures to make money out of it I don't think.

The capacity is a compromise driven both by £ and by fitting within heritage and site constraints on elevations/roof and footprint respectively. It is not ideal but as others have noted it is still a big step forward.

I would not be that surprised if Jenrick waves this through & privately/publicly we get strong government support if we then do a Spurs like variation mid-construction to slightly enhance elevations to c 55-56k capacity. It would need revised planning sign off by LCC & another government OK but if we took this action we'd have tested that informally in advance & be confident of approval just like Spurs did.

As for leaving Goodison, game one at BMD will be the definition of mixed emotions. Excitement for a new start. Optimism for the future. A sense of loss that will be rooted in deeply personal memories, often including friends and family lost to us, for so many of us. I expect to blub like a baby despite the fact I'll be 57 if built to schedule. I won't be alone!
I will be 64 when it opens
My dad took me there when I was 7 for my first game
I had my first pint with my dad outside Goodison
My dad was a different man inside Goodison then he was when we were at home
It has a lot of memories for me and I will unashamedly cry salt tears when I get to my last game at Goodison

With our existing season ticket holders, and 17,000 on the waiting list, plus the away fans.

How many tickets will available for matchday general sale?

Are we entitled to any kind of funding from the government with regard to the stadium costs. When you consider up 15k jobs will be created with this project over the next 3 years, you’d like to think we’d be entitled to some financial support or even tax break on the project. Has anyone any knowledge of this is so?
We can apply for EU funding ...................oh wait ,that wont work anymore

With our existing season ticket holders, and 17,000 on the waiting list, plus the away fans.

How many tickets will available for matchday general sale?

I always treat ST waiting lists with a bit of caution. For any club.

Also, as important that the guaranteed income ST give a club is, they are also discounted prices. So a decent number is important, but a decent walk up number is as well.