2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo makes players 12 foot tall.

Of course there's a danger the old Keane could return.
But can he do the same for a generation of moodys like us? Then he will be a TRUE genius.

That said its not hard, just go kick a few lumps out of them and most of us are satisfied...

Well I really like the boy, I think your being as harsh as the others are overzealous.

I think hes got a very big future in the game, players with his attitude go far.
There are attributes you can build around, but there are also issues that need to be covered up when you set up the team. That's true of most players but I think what is unique about him is the strengths are his 1v1 defending and athleticism. So essentially he needs to be in a high line aggressive type team but he's then not good enough on the ball to play the way those teams usually want to play.

Fwiw I can see him and Keane being a good combo if we put together a midfield that allowed us to play a bit higher up. I'm not sure that is what Carlo wants though and we definitely do not have that midfield currently.

There are attributes you can build around, but there are also issues that need to be covered up when you set up the team. That's true of most players but I think what is unique about him is the strengths are his 1v1 defending and athleticism. So essentially he needs to be in a high line aggressive type team but he's then not good enough on the ball to play the way those teams usually want to play.

Fwiw I can see him and Keane being a good combo if we put together a midfield that allowed us to play a bit higher up. I'm not sure that is what Carlo wants though and we definitely do not have that midfield currently.
I think he has already improved on the ball in the short time here and will continue to do so, he has the confidence and belief in himself to make it happen.
I don't think that it will ever be the best part of his game but being able to affect the game with the ball from CB takes years of playing at the top level to even be half-decent.

I think he has already improved on the ball in the short time here and will continue to do so, he has the confidence and belief in himself to make it happen.
I don't think that it will ever be the best part of his game but being able to affect the game with the ball from CB takes years of playing at the top level to even be half-decent.
He and Holgate were so bad against Fulham that Keane had to come on and try to fix it. Holgate is worse so that doesn't help but that's only a week ago. I'm really not sure he's progressing a whole lot.

But it isn't the most important thing at the end of the day.

From what I’ve seen, he still has a ways to go positioning wise at CB. His recoveries are top drawer though. Just like DOUCS saved us a few games early in the season by simply being an athlete, Godfrey does the same. I feel much more confident once we get Allan back and healthy if we decide to play a little higher up the pitch because of this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.