New Everton Stadium Discussion

Mate there's no place on earth better than an all standing Goodison park in the 80s with the team we had.
Its hard to explain to anyone who hasn't experienced an all standing stadium.
I have to argue because by then they had reduced the capacity ,in the 60's I could lift my feet off the ground and not drop it was so packed .I do agree though the standing was much more atmospheric .

Seen this in the Red Echo from Kirkbride about the funding (says not yet agreed a lender).

"And the Blues will now ramp up talks with a clutch of financial institutions before choosing which lender to strike a deal with.

Moshiri is expected to pump in around £100m towards the project while the new stadium project will be part funded by the naming rights deal the club agreed with USM Holdings last year.

Everton have yet to reveal the value of that deal but USM paid £30m for first refusal, at pre-agreed terms, on the rights."

One things for certain they'll be shenanigans aplenty with that USM naming rights deal in regards to FFP.

He was actually the most passionate of the lot of them.

He Plpointed out the docks were built as a commercial enterprise to bring money into the city and give employment to the it's residents.

Everton are bringing them back to life.
He clearly sees the impact it will have on a derelict area of the city. As for the Tories, there is no way in Hell Jenrick will put a stop to this just because a few conservationist types are making noises. Had the club been planning to demolish a preserved and functioning historic artifact, then there would have been uproar and the move would have fallen by now. The Tories will wave this through with the merest figleaf of concern for heritage and start looking into how they can have their hands - or those of their chums - greased in the process.

I have a lot of regard for bodies trying to preserve history, heritage, and general quality of life, but this deal is done. We're on the way.

Seen this in the Red Echo from Kirkbride about the funding (says not yet agreed a lender).

"And the Blues will now ramp up talks with a clutch of financial institutions before choosing which lender to strike a deal with.

Moshiri is expected to pump in around £100m towards the project while the new stadium project will be part funded by the naming rights deal the club agreed with USM Holdings last year.

Everton have yet to reveal the value of that deal but USM paid £30m for first refusal, at pre-agreed terms, on the rights."

One things for certain they'll be shenanigans aplenty with that USM naming rights deal in regards to FFP.

I reckon Mosh will already have everything in place. He’s a successful business man. We are in good hands.

....this takes me back to pre-retirement & being grilled via video links to Politicians and Project Steering Committees. Everton appear to have done their homework & built a robust Business Case and Benefits Realisation package.

it might seem that nothing has been going on but the Club have clearly worked tirelessly to ensure they are able to meet challenges such as this. Reaping the rewards of doing their homework, being on top of their brief and meeting any questions head on.
Fail to prepare prepare to fail

They need to not do what City did, as that's what they got nailed for.

Make it crystal clear and make it a large sum, which can be adjusted if needed. But it is going to be dodgy, very dodgy.