Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I still remember it well when in my first season as a Toffee, we beat the Kopshite.

This was Joe Royle’s first game in charge and we did not have Sky at the time, so I tuned into Radio 5 Live. During the course of the day, a Kopshiter who used to bully me horribly at school boasted “We’ll thrash them!”. He used to shout Street Fighter 2 slogans at me pretending to throw Sonic Booms and dragon punches at me all the time.

That night we beat them and Dunc scored, I cheered and laughed at that Kopshiter. Then we made it 2-0 after David James messed up.

The following day at school I wound the bully up, kept chanting “Everton!!!” at him, and yelling “EVERTON HAVE WON.... THE MERSEYSIDE DAAARRRBBBBEEEEHHHHH!!!!”..... which was emulating the commentators reaction on Radio 5 Live when that second goal was scored. He truly hated it.

Soon after we beat Leeds 3-0 and our season was on its way to being saved. I also went to school back then with a Hammer who said “We had to let them win” as we beat them 1-0 earlier on, and I just said “This is only the start of a fantastic recovery”. Little did I know this would be the only season during my days as a Toffee, we would win our only trophy. I jumped and thumped the ceiling just in case we would never win another one.

Tonight however is a moment to celebrate and look towards the future.

Well I'm drunk. This is what football's all about, days like today. Excuse after excuse from them as always, Karma's finally caught up. Salah and mane non stop diving, Keane putting in a degsy mountfield performance. Just wish life was normal now and we were all singing in the Winslow or drinking cans down county road. Let's do it blues, let's make top four or win a cup this year and hopefully next season we can at some stage bevall in the stadium. Imagine that first z cars with a full house, love you blues❤️

Well like always in a derby match I feel a mixture of hope, confidence, fear and loathing!!
Last few games have included real signs of promise and absolute garbage in equal measure so it is clear that things might go really badly but there is a decent chance we might play well. If the latter happens it will be how productive we are with our chances or how sloppy when they get theirs.
But the main thing for me will be whether we show up and get stuck in, move the ball forward swiftly and confidently. Like they believe the RS are nothing special and that they are lucky to be on the same pitch as us, not the other way around.
Tippy tappy around the half way line, safe passes to defenders and keeper will see the RS dominate and the inevitable happen. Harry them, force them into errors and get the ball as far away from their attackers as possible. Then we could certainly get something out of the game.
And if there is some adversity or things not going well, blooming well try harder, don’t give up, get your heads up and chests out!!! Come on Everton these are s£&£&:the!!!!!
Well they sort of did this so I am made up!!!!
Grazie Carlo, Merci les Bleus!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.