2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he cuts the ball back across the box is with such conviction and precision, I still always think he’s picked out one of our forwards.
Until it inevitably goes to the feet of a central defender.

Just can't understand how in yesterday's match thread some folks said he didn't make any difference after came in.

The guy had got his leg bent like a twig and now he still runs like crazy, offering himself for a pass, sharpening the game, pressing the enemy - hell of a player.

Won't deny he had bad days too, but who hasn't? He could be a very useful substitute, moral and energy boost for the team.

Coleman was so full of energy last night that Im sure it rubbed off on his teammates. He was excellent.

Great cameo but let’s not get sentimental he’s really poor when starting most games especially against pace. Use him strictly as a sub or against really slow wingers

Coleman is one of our quickest players. Perhaps cannot play the full 90 minutes at this level anymore but still certainly has pace.

FC8FE4DA-687E-43F5-A1C9-82CB21C408AF.jpeg

Coleman is one of our quickest players. Perhaps cannot play the full 90 minutes at this level anymore but still certainly has pace.

View attachment 117540
But very rarely commits defenders anymore. 90% of the time he gets to the halfway line abs turns back. Last night was it because he played higher up the pitch or because he was up against tired legs abs the game was stretched.

personally he’s not good enough anymore at the level required, not even to play 15 games. On the bench and the odd 15minutes to help us see a game out, that’s about it

Just can't understand how in yesterday's match thread some folks said he didn't make any difference after came in.

The guy had got his leg bent like a twig and now he still runs like crazy, offering himself for a pass, sharpening the game, pressing the enemy - hell of a player.

Won't deny he had bad days too, but who hasn't? He could be a very useful substitute, moral and energy boost for the team.
There's a lot of agendas here toward certain players.

View attachment 117540

Generally I like to trust statistics but when I see Delph up there that just makes me suspicious. Unless of course he just happened to do that for 0.1 of a second and that was more to do with it being the speed of him going from a standing position to hitting the floor and then not being able to play for 6 weeks afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.