Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah and we're paying the price for it now, duh.

People go on like we are the only club with dossers on the books.

West Ham have a load of big earners like Anderson, Lanzini, Yarmolenko etc sat on the bench every week.

Leicester had a few bums aswell including that Islam Salami lad or whatever he was called they spent £30 million on a few yrs back.

No excuses not to back Carlo.

Get crouch in....anyone.... please.... JELAVIC?
Crouch got injured last week very badly

4B39FCF5-F4FA-46E2-B82B-0C55E96E76F7.jpeg

He’s definitely not but he’s here for the long haul thankfully.
He won’t sulk, he’ll get on with the rest of the season and then be backed loads in the summer again and another window buying quality and not losing anyone important would see us as a very good team.
But we need to be getting Europe. How long is richarlison etc going to stick around for? Even if only he decides to leave, thats yet another position to buy a first 11 standard player for.

All very well and good being backed in the summer, but if we don't have the squad now, we could miss out on Europe and have an even bigger job of attracting people.

Carlo talks in his book about the management arc: about how a club courts a manager, the honeymoon, success or stability, and then the decline.

The next few months will be telling. The honeymoon is clearly over. And he faces the rest of the season with a paper-thin squad as he simply hasn't been backed this window. If he finishes about 9th - which is where I think he will - it will be progress of sorts, but I'm not sure it's great for his reputation as a top level coach. The likes of James will be looking around wondering why we feel we can achieve anything with the paucity of options that we now have. Will he hang around?

I think we're limping towards this new stadium now...if it ever actually happens.

Ok I'll rephrase that, in terms of a balanced squad he has left us short I'm afraid. I am generally a fan and those are good signings but we are going nowhere if we don't address glaring problems. Right back, forward being two.
Haha - that's a bit better.

I agree, the squad is unbalanced - no doubt about that.

I think he is doing a good job, and I am sure if Carlo wanted to throw the kitchen sink that Mosh and therefore Brands would support it.

Striker signing options

kirkzee missed out
Crouch retired ( get him out of retirement? )
Jelsvic still playing in Croatia
Glen Murray gone forest
Diego Costa to West Ham?
Kevin Campbell????

I guess if we dont get anyone in tonight we can always look at who is out of contract.......

Alex Texeira or Alex Pato anyone?

People go on like we are the only club with dossers on the books.

West Ham have a load of big earners like Anderson, Lanzini, Yarmolenko etc sat on the bench every week.

Leicester had a few bums aswell including that Islam Salami lad or whatever he was called they spent £30 million on a few yrs back.

No excuses not to back Carlo.
yeah he gets backed in the summer not in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.