Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would gladly take Billy Gilmour off Chelsea but we HAVE to bring in another striker. If King is demanding £120k then he can do one.
Chelsea haven’t been easy to deal with when it comes to us. Doubt they would send us someone on loan when we’re competing with them for Europe at the min.

For me Everton having Tosun and Bernard in the squad is the equivalent of me having a spare tire in the boot of my car. To say that it's not worth having because I haven't had a puncture for the last 18 months is to completely misunderstand the point. The fact that I don't need it most days will be very quickly negated by the fact that it'll be there on the one occasion that I do need it. Same applies with these two. 'They haven't done much though' isn't justification for losing them as options, otherwise we might as well get rid of about a dozen others while we're at it.

I agree with the sentiment, although if I had paid a fortune for the spare tyre and it was costing me loads in interest every week just by keeping it in my car unused, and when I did put it on it was the wrong size and caused me to crash anyway, then the relevance of having it as back up is negated as well.

Especially if someone is willing to buy it from me and I can borrow 1 that is more reliable in the event I need it.

Yup they’ll all be back to fleece until their contracts expire next season. No one gonna pay money for them with 12 months left on their deals.
Absolutely correct
JJK and Tosun will only have 12 months on their contracts when they return in the summer. Far harder to get a fee for them then.

But we aren't clearing out the crap.
We are just kicking the can down the road.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Schneiderlin,
Garbutt,
Stekelenburg,
Sandro Ramirez,
Yannick Bolasie,
Cenk Tosun (Albeit, Loan),
Theo Walcott,
Oumar Niasse,
Cuco Martina,
Shani Tarashaj.

Let's add highest earner Bernard to that.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Schneiderlin,
Garbutt,
Stekelenburg,
Sandro Ramirez,
Yannick Bolasie,
Cenk Tosun (Albeit, Loan),
Theo Walcott,
Oumar Niasse,
Cuco Martina,
Shani Tarashaj.

Let's add highest earner Bernard to that.
For all of these outgoings we have received the stellar sum of 2 million.

Fantastic work from the Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.