Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all agree we need somebody in, but if we can keep punting utter garbo I will be happy tomorrow night.

Im sure that view wont be shared and by March people will be claiming we should never have let Kenny go, but I want rid, I want to give Carlo a fresh canvas to paint his masterpiece.

I'm happy for them all to go but with the wages cleared there really shouldn't be any excuse.

I'm hoping something comes up.

One player in, I'll be happy.

I mean, I don't rate Kenny personally, but Burnley wanted him. The mooted discussions were £7m until yesterday when £9m reports surfaced.

Surely £7m into the coffers would have been a better deal? I imagine Celtic will just be paying his wages, maybe a nominal loan fee.

Anyway, glad he's off the books in some way.
The question is were the rumours even true, because we've seen him and we know he's crap.

Personally can see no way we'd turn down 7m for a lad who has 18 months left on his contract and is our current 5th choice right back!

To all those moaning about loan deals , it may be worth noting that the football world has changed. We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. There will be very few clubs spending a lot of money , and many will be more concerned with their financial stability and survival. I presume there isn't a Pandemic mode on the various football manager computer games out there.

Based on the players supposedly available if we could get Gueye and Dzeko in the door I’d be happy but I think we go with what we have sadly because Brands seems hell bent on having a clear run at the summer even though we do have an opportunity in front of us

I presume your numbers include Gomes Davies Delph Gbamin and Sigurdsson
The only one that can really tackle from that lot is Davies, Gbamin though I have no idea. Delph is always injured so it doesn’t matter if he’s good or not. The other 2 well they cost a lot but I’m don’t really suit us at all.

We all agree we need somebody in, but if we can keep punting utter garbo I will be happy tomorrow night.

Im sure that view wont be shared and by March people will be claiming we should never have let Kenny go, but I want rid, I want to give Carlo a fresh canvas to paint his masterpiece.

I'm just concerned at the amount of rubbish players who will be back again for pre season training. We are just kicking the can. We need sales and cash.

Based on the players supposedly available if we could get Gueye and Dzeko in the door I’d be happy but I think we go with what we have sadly because Brands seems hell bent on having a clear run at the summer even though we do have an opportunity in front of us

The summer where we all say “huge summer this” to do it again in Feb.

The question is were the rumours even true, because we've seen him and we know he's crap.

Personally can see no way we'd turn down 7m for a lad who has 18 months left on his contract and is our current 5th choice right back!

Burnley did want him yes. Obviously yeah we can't be 100% sure on the figures. £7m was the one touted around a few weeks ago but we'll never know for sure.

Don't really see the logic in sending Kenny out on loan, unless there's an obligation to buy? It's not like we'll be saving a lot of money in wages while he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.