Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get top 4 this would be my semi realistic league contending side for next season:

Pope
Mina - Keane - Godfrey
Traore - Digne
Allan - Doucoure
Lukaku - Richarlison//Hamez
DCL

I would want a Martinez inspired Lukaku to play as our pacey right winger able to cut-in and strike, with Traore on the overlap. Another benefit of Lukaku in this role would enable him to double up as a back-up striker if Dom gets injured, so a shrewd 2 in 1 signing.
This is also the last window where I think it would be smart business to make a move for Gana Gueye, to provide competition/rotation with Allan.
No team with Nick Pope in goal is ever challenging for the title.

Those defenders do not play well in a 3.

I assume you’re messing re Traore.

I assume you’re messing re Lukaku.

I assume you’re messing re Gueye.

I assume you’re messing.

Interest from Preston and Blackburn Rovers in loaning Gordon. I'm not sure about that, I can see them wanting him, but dont think we would let him go, not with Bernard supposed to be going and Bolasie

If we get top 4 this would be my semi realistic league contending side for next season:

Pope
Mina - Keane - Godfrey
Traore - Digne
Allan - Doucoure
Lukaku - Richarlison//Hamez
DCL

I would want a Martinez inspired Lukaku to play as our pacey right winger able to cut-in and strike, with Traore on the overlap. Another benefit of Lukaku in this role would enable him to double up as a back-up striker if Dom gets injured, so a shrewd 2 in 1 signing.
This is also the last window where I think it would be smart business to make a move for Gana Gueye, to provide competition/rotation with Allan.
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Its all well and good to look at (lets say) 5 assists from 10 games. Remember, one of those was where Lukaku literally took the ball off him and went on a charge before slotting.

Koemans game plan was to boot the ball to bolasie who then was supposed to bomb down the line and put a cross in. Most of the time he lost the ball, ran it out of play, punted it somewhere without looking and even when he beat a defender he wanted to go back and beat him again...and fail.

Hes played 119 games in the premier league, scored 11 goals and made 17 assists.

That really tells you all you need to know for one of the main two attacking focal points at Palace and Everton.

Hes a clown, not only in performances but also attitude.

I don't think anybody would doubt his record at Everton has been underwheming and poor. You could well say that 1st 10 games was merely a sweet spot and mean regression would have kicked in. However we can deny that he started very well, and with Lukaku at least looked to have a great understanding. Whether that translated to other players if/when Lukaku leaves again is very much open to question. We can also see, he had a very serious injury and his performance level was never close to it afterwards.

He did very well for us when he first came though. It's sort of forgotten, as we had a dip when he went out, and recoverd eventually by integrating Davies and playing Barkley wide. There was then a calimitious loss of form the following year which has probably taken us 3 years to frecover from. He wasn't really involved in that 12 month process so he gets lumped in a bit.

It was really unfortunate for him and the clubmwhat happened. It always looked a strange signing to me, but if he bond with Lukaku had maintained even partially as strongly we'd have probably got top 6, even top 4 that season. One of them.

He was like Iwobi. A lot of people didn't like the transfer so no matter what he did people weren't going to warm to him immediately. But unlike Iwobi he didn't have time to have people come around because he blew his knee out. I don't think he would have ever been necessarily worth what we paid but I have no doubt his reputation is better.

I see some similarities to Iwobi, but probably more differences mate.

Iwobi I see as quite a solid worker, who has pace, some guile and is yet to hit his peak.

Bolasie was signed as someone bang in their peak, had devestating power/pace but not as much guile as Iwobi.

Iwobi started slowly and is getting better, Bolasie started very quickly and was curtailed.

I am not sure I see the similarities to be honest, other than to say I quite like both of them!

Love how the club has got some of us all obsessed with binning players off (not saying they don't need binning) but at this rate we won't have a squad left.

It's clear to see last night where we still need to improve in the summer and I do agree it's the best time to do your work but I feel like a loan option to assist us until then would be huge or I can see this season petering out like many before it.

Last edited:
Pretty evident Tosun is getting interest so hopefully we can ship him off. Same with Bolasie if he can get to Boro today - it's wages off the book.

We need a forward in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.