2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont see the point in constantly taking swipes at someone over the internet.

Either do something about it or get a grip and stop crying over other peoples opinions.

No, I won't.

I'm not crying over anybodies opinion.

I've ridiculed a few of yours like.

But guess what, they've all been about Everton , on an Everton discussion board.

In this instance, I happen to disagree with you clamouring for a 16-year-old to be handed a start.

Bad weirdo me, aren't I. Get a grip indeed.

You've made one vague threat to me saying you could lift more more weights than me. And now you're telling me not to disagree with you unless I'm prepared to "do something about it."

Whopper.

No, I won't.

I'm not crying over anybodies opinion.

I've ridiculed a few of yours like.

But guess what, they've all been about Everton , on an Everton discussion board.

In this instance, I happen to disagree with you clamouring for a 16-year-old to be handed a start.

Bad weirdo me, aren't I. Get a grip indeed.

You've made one vague threat to me saying you could lift more more weights than me. And now you're telling me not to disagree with you unless I'm prepared to "do something about it."

Whopper.
lol so saying why a young lad should get the odd game time in a cup game against weaker opposition when two LB are out injured is "clamouring" & "whining"

Get a grip Johnny.

We’ve just had a good win, had a couple of youngsters make their debuts. So I’m reading up on the posts for our youngest ever debutant whilst enjoying the feelgood factor.....
Then someone brings up the race card and then it’s tarnished. What a shame!

I was happily reading the posts pleased for the lad and it hadn’t crossed my mind.
I even made a similar comment about my son when he played his first senior game in men’s football aged 16 because he’s a unit and looked older too!
Some people go looking for it and that’s also not helpful.

Not a fan of the casual racism in the replies. Wouldn't be making "he's not 16" jokes as much if he was white. He's English born and his dad's English so the comments are pathetic tbh.

I certainly would comment if a 16 year old white kid looked 20.. why do people look for racism in everything... the comments are based solely on his physical appearance the kid is an absolute tank it's not normal for a 16 year old to appear as strong as he is and comments based on that not on the color of his skin. While people are looking for racism would the comments be any less pathetic if he was Nigerian, see racism can be found in the comments of someone pretending to be offended.

Not on the ball, but off the ball I thought both of the academy lads looked like they had the pace and power to play at the top level. A far cry from some of our other academy kids like Kenny Davies Dowell

I didn't see Small sprint but it's good he did and showed he could do it in the 1st team.

I was probably more impresed with Onyango as it happens. As you say looked very tall, but also got into position well. Ironically Davies actually started like a house on fire for the first team at 17 but hasn't kicked on as much. Both the lads yesterday has a phsyqie that you'd expect them to kick on, or be hopeful of it anyway.

Sometimes when boys as young as Small and Onyaango are given a game they can look exactly like what they are.... boys.

I thought that both lads last night looked physically developed enough to play that level of football.
Onyaango is tall gangly but doesn't at all seem lightweight whereas Small is compact and already strong and muscular.

A great night for both lads.

I certainly would comment if a 16 year old white kid looked 20.. why do people look for racism in everything... the comments are based solely on his physical appearance the kid is an absolute tank it's not normal for a 16 year old to appear as strong as he is and comments based on that not on the color of his skin. While people are looking for racism would the comments be any less pathetic if he was Nigerian, see racism can be found in the comments of someone pretending to be offended.
Racist people look at skin colour first. Whether that’s hurling abuse or chastising others for innocent comments. Says a lot about a person who can turn ‘he looks like a fully grown adult’ (clearly based on physical build because he’s still got a teenagers face) into ‘I’m going to denigrate him somehow because he’s black.’

anyway, kids a unit I think/hope is what most people were trying to say lol

lol so saying why a young lad should get the odd game time in a cup game against weaker opposition when two LB are out injured is "clamouring" & "whining"

Get a grip Johnny.

But he got game time though, didn't he.

You wanted him to start. It was pointed out to you that it might not be a good idea, but you were insistent he should be starting.

You even implied that the manager gets a free pass, when, in your opinion, he should perhaps be criticised, What was it you said...

"People lambasted Moyes for never trusting youth in this sort of situation funny how opinions change just because who the manager is."

Let's address the Moyes thing first. Who are the great youngsters he never gave a chance to? Mustafi and? So people were wrong about that.

I notice you weren't going on about Gordon not starting. Again.

It's just tedious. The manager picked the correct team last night, but you think he should have done something slightly different. i.e pick a 16 year old kid you know nothing about.

Bet you defo would have given Baxter more game time than Moyes.

Imagine seeing a 3-0 win, Small and Onyango making their debuts with Small becoming the clubs youngest ever player.

Instead of enjoying the moment...what do you do?
I did enjoy the moment

Surely the negative is on the fans who instead of saying well done decide to piss on the bonfire with casual racism?

Think playing him last night was to show him that there is a pathway to the 1st team, especially him now being the youngest player ever - should make him feel special. It should encourage him to sign the new deal. Fingers crossed he and his family agree.

On the other hand, big European teams who were already looking at him will be even more interested now knowing that Ancelotti obviously rates him highly too, so they could be all over him now.

Hopefully he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.