Transfer Rumour Joshua Zirkzee

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last striker we signed in January probably considered 'oven ready' was tosun.
And before that niasse.
I’m not a fan of January window. Most signings are second rate.

To improve the squad now with our improved situation, we are looking for a higher calibre player, even harder to get in January.

Its why we may decide to leave it.

....remember a youngster coming in when Jimmy Husband got injured on the run-in to the 1970 season. Alan Whittle scored 11 crucial goals and we won the title. An untried Mike Trebilcock came in and scored 2 to win us the cup in ‘66.

Football might have changed but things like that happen. Sometimes it’s right person, right place, right time.
Super Kev.

I agree entirely.

it’s why I would either like a proper first team player or wait till summer.
I don't see the harm in a loan so long as there's no obligation to buy. You never know we may unearth a gem with little cost or risk to ourselves. Assuming there's no big loan fee of course, which is something I've seen mentioned in here.

I don't see the harm in a loan so long as there's no obligation to buy. You never know we may unearth a gem with little cost or risk to ourselves. Assuming there's no big loan fee of course, which is something I've seen mentioned in here.
No real issue with that if the deal is ok.
It just seems odd that Bayern are letting him go. Why?

Kean admittedly wasn’t good when he first arrived, didn’t work hard enough but had glimpses. Looks clear that a slightly slower game suits him, or at least one that doesn’t demand aggressively defending from the front. He did improve slightly but it seemed like a case of talented player, wrong fit. He’s flourishing at PSG where again, he isn’t needing to press and defend. In our system, you need your striker to hold the ball up and be the first line of defence.
Zirkzee’s stature and the style that Bayern play suggest more of a fit than Kean on paper (though that doesn’t always translate I admit!)
I don’t think price has anything to do with it, the players have no control over their transfer sum
As for why Bayern are letting him go? I can’t answer that. Could be one of many reason
You could counter the question asking - why does any club let a player go?

Not what we need at the moment ... Ings or Dzeko proven in the league would be the right call to try and push us in to top 4

I don't think we can afford Ings without some outs, though word is that we're trying.. Does Dzeko still have it? I would think that our scouting team would know, since we were keeping tabs on Olsen.

If we could talk Milan into a swap of Kean for Leao, that could work but I think we're better off taking the cash this summer if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.