Transfer Rumour Joshua Zirkzee

Status
Not open for further replies.
For £10m he wouldn't have to play every game. He would need to be an option off the bench and a better option than Tosun if DCL is injured or suspended. We need second string players that are better than we currently have and I'd much rather they be youngsters with the potential to be first team players in the future than balding old dossers. What's the downside to a transfer like this?
The downside is he could make no difference whatsoever to the first team this season.

We really need another forward that Carlo can rely on. I think that is unlikely to be a 19 year old. He will never get played and get frustrated at the lack of opportunity.

I don’t have a problem with him per se, but he won’t push us into CL qualification. If he were that good, why are Bayern letting him go?

if we sign him, he’s one for the future, not now, If we want a signing to push to CL, we need someone with more experience.

The downside is he could make no difference whatsoever to the first team this season.

We really need another forward that Carlo can rely on. I think that is unlikely to be a 19 year old. He will never get played and get frustrated at the lack of opportunity.

I don’t have a problem with him per se, but he won’t push us into CL qualification. If he were that good, why are Bayern letting him go?

if we sign him, he’s one for the future, not now, If we want a signing to push to CL, we need someone with more experience.
You appear to know a lot about the thinking of both Ancelotti And the player...ITK? :)

A january signing doesnt need to have an 'instant' impact.

Branthwaite was lucky to get games last season due to injuries.

We could sign a player and let them settle first and then go into preseason ready for next season.

Theyre here for the length of their contracts, not 6 or 12months.

Kean cost £22mil with £5mil more in clauses.

Really not sure why people inflate the fees so much...

Remember, Kean was signed as a 19 year old...5 years.

1 year at the club
1 year on loan at PSG

He could have massively improved by the summer and return. He still has 3 years on his deal.
I don’t have a problem with signing promising upcoming players. I’m just pointing out that this would be one for the future, not this season.

I would have preferred any transfer business to improve the first team right now to help secure a European place.

His deal feels more like it part some sort of player trading scheme, like the Chelsea model.

I don’t have a problem with signing promising upcoming players. I’m just pointing out that this would be one for the future, not this season.

I would have preferred any transfer business to improve the first team right now to help secure a European place.

His deal feels more like it part some sort of player trading scheme, like the Chelsea model.
If it’s just this surely looking to other leagues and paying a lot less should be the answer? Buying knock off players from so called European heavyweights isn’t value for me, plus I’ve seen all sorts of negative comments about attitude and application. this is where Liverpool use their reputation to get huge money for utter tripe.

Should we buying the worst players from the best teams or the best players from the worst teams?

Judge the player not his current team. This lads playing for Halifax, you still paying 10 mill?

You appear to know a lot about the thinking of both Ancelotti And the player...ITK? :)
I’m looking at the evidence.

Ancelotti went out and got experience this summer, and look at the difference it’s made.

Yoof haven’t got a look in. Kean has been shipped off and Gordon, Nkounkou and Branthwaite have barely played.

I can’t imagine him starting a 19 year old, or using him much from the bench when the pressure is on. Can you?

Ancelotti went out and got experience this summer, and look at the difference it’s made.

Yoof haven’t got a look in. Kean has been shipped off and Gordon, Nkounkou and Branthwaite have barely played.

I can’t imagine him starting a 19 year old, or using him much from the bench when the pressure is on. Can you?
If we bring him in then I imagine he would certainly get time off the bench. Kean was and we're currently using Tosun off the bench who has no impact at all. Players with height can make a difference late on in games as it gives defenders something else to worry about.

How old exactly do you think Dom, Richy, Holgate and Godfrey are? He plays young players just the good young players.

How old exactly do you think Dom, Richy, Holgate and Godfrey are? He plays young players just the good young players.
There’s a big difference between most 19 year olds and 22/23 year olds. Between them they have an awful lot of first team experience. Dom and Hlogate suffered dogs abuse on here, because playing younger players required patience. They also played because we had no alternative but to play them. That’s not the case with this lad. He will be behind DCL and Richie. He will also probably be behind Tosun.

if he comes he will have my full backing. I’m expressing an opinion that he’s not going to make any impact this season, and that’s fine as long as everyone understands that.

I just feel that we are in a position where the right experience could be season defining.

There’s a big difference between most 19 year olds and 22/23 year olds. Between them they have an awful lot of first team experience. Dom and Hlogate suffered dogs abuse on here, because playing younger players required patience. They also played because we had no alternative but to play them. That’s not the case with this lad. He will be behind DCL and Richie. He will also probably be behind Tosun.

if he comes he will have my full backing. I’m expressing an opinion that he’s not going to make any impact this season, and that’s fine as long as everyone understands that.

I just feel that we are in a position where the right experience could be season defining.
You know he will make no impact? What impact is Tosun making?

the upside is if he makes no difference to the first team he’s more likely to retain a greater %age of his value than, say, Tosun or any more mature player who also makes no difference to the first team.

I'm not meaning to have a go at Everton here. Just that a top teenage striker when looking for his next club is bound to be influenced by the experience of the teen striker we're now trying to offload.

The lad we signed last season and is now playing for psg?

Yeah, we ruined his career didn't we.

Whichever way you look at it it didn't seem to click here for the lad so we got him a move to one of the best teams in the world.

I fail to see how any young talent is going to look at keans time at everton and be discouraged.

Who mentioned starting him? You appear to be confusing me with Ancelotti. This is all based on a rumour generated by Talk Sport and one allegedly credible journalist. Have you actually seen him play other than what's online. If we sign him his role won't be decided by posters on a fan forum.

Largely agree with this, we could do with someone who will help the team now. Always buy a younger player in the Summer. A new first team starter would give the whole team a boost and keep everyone on their toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.