Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
h2GUK8.gif

@catcherintherye
@Neiler

Thoughts on the Red Echos latest piece regarding USM's omission from the 2020 accounts?

I put something on the Moshiri thread on it mate when the accounts came out.

I suspect it is to clear the way for further sponsorship into the club. There are now no limits, via FFP as to what USM can sponsor us. It's the most significant part of the accounts.

I went into more detail on said thread. However simplistically, Usmanov gives Moshiri x figure (generous valuation) for his USM shares. Moshiri put this into club, acquires greater shares as a result at a lower price. The ground goes ahead and the value of the club shoots up.

For Moshiri, he doesnt lose much. He might even be offered other sweeteners in terms of shares in other associated businesses.

For the club, we get more funding into club.

The new share issue will total out at whatever amount / valuation is required as full collateral for the cost of BMD.
e.g.
Previous; 35,000 shares @ £3,500, the last quoted price = £122.5M
New; say, 100,000* shares @ £4000* = £400M**

*change to suit required collateral
** iirc, Arsenal is valued @ 2.4 - 2.8 Billion.

The new share issue will total out at whatever amount / valuation is required as full collateral for the cost of BMD.
e.g.
Previous; 35,000 shares @ £3,500, the last quoted price = £122.5M
New; say, 100,000* shares @ £4000* = £400M**

*change to suit required collateral
** iirc, Arsenal is valued @ 2.4 - 2.8 Billion.

Yes. And the money could also be provided from USM buying the shares off Moshiri to push him under the 10% mark.

We are also below the "related partner" cause of FFP so no real scrutiny of any potential sponsorship is now due.

Status
Not open for further replies.