2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
In short, I'm convinced you've murdered a couple of prostitutes.

giphy.gif

it’s remarkable how we don’t concede in setpieces as often. Such a big improvement from Marco “fraud” Silva.

If we have a much more competitive midfield, that means removing siggy Gomes and davies, we will be extremely difficult to break down.

Was Tosun you wanted to play, wasn't it?

Anyway, that wasn't my point. Was just having a bit of a laugh really.

I've never felt the need to caveat any opinion on Everton with "I hope we win like."

It seems a bit try hard. The type of thing a criminal psychologist would have a field day with in different circumstances.

In short, I'm convinced you've murdered a couple of prostitutes.

I just think those sorts of posts are the same crap you used to see on the playground in school, mainly by teenage girls who all want to look, dress, act and speak the same "oh look at what susie posted on Insta OMG so not cool guys!!"

cringey as anything.

If you're genuinely that arsed about someones opinion on a footie forum you must have either a boss or sad life as I couldn't give a toss what you think or post Everton related I wish that was my main worry in life lad!

I just think those sorts of posts are the same crap you used to see on the playground in school, mainly by teenage girls who all want to look, dress, act and speak the same "oh look at what susie posted on Insta OMG so not cool guys!!"

cringey as anything.

If you're genuinely that arsed about someones opinion on a footie forum you must have either a boss or sad life as I couldn't give a toss what you think or post Everton related I wish that was my main worry in life lad!
Why are you following teenage girls on Instagram you wrong un :)

cringey as anything.

It's all par for the course though, isn't it?

People are as free to ridicule or disagree with your Everton opinions, as you are to express them.

Nobody is making you share your opinions. You're not a victim here.

He has done a fantastic job. I think over recent weeks he has really shown his experties too. In the last few games we have gone from having no fullbacks, and last night we had no fit strikers. Yet there is never any panics, he adapts.

Thats the big plus for me, whatever adversity is thrown at us, you know he will set us up to be competitive. We might not always win, or blow teams away but we are competitive and hard to beat. Given the injuries we've had this season he'd have had every excuse to cry it in, but he just comes up with another gameplan.

I can't stress this enough as well, but that tactical flexibility is key. The Bielsa discussion is a fascinating one, but the point is with a manager like him, if plan A can't work it tends to all fall down. We have seen that with Martinez and latterly Silva here. Once any adversity came, player x,y or z were injured or left (see Zouma/Gana) there was no way around it. They just sent the same players out week in, week out to lose. Probably the same with Koeman, who to be fair is more of a pragmatist, but in actuality had 1 effective system (build everything around Lukaku) and couldn't think of anything else.

Overall I'm not sure there is a right or wrong answer in the abstract, but having seen the last 5 years here, I can safely say for us, in our situation he is the perfect manager. We would not do well with a systems manager like Bielsa. He'd be bullied out of here at the 1st sign of instability, as once his plan A didn't work people would want him gone. At Leeds, with different expectations he will be given time during those difficult periods. I'm not saying thats right or wrong, but just dealing with the reality of what we face.

What he's done with that back 4 is outstanding. I had said previously I wondered if he would use centre backs in full back positions which he has. I also suggested that Digne might play left hand side midfield in such a system when he comes back. Carlo is not naive or pig headed enough to break something that is working just to accomodate 1 player. I thought what we did with Digne last night worked. Yes we need DCL/Richarlinson fit to get on the end of those crosses, but when they are, we are really in business.

It sounds obvious, but the best managers in life practice simplicity. Iwobi looks happier on the right-keep him on the right. The back 4 looks solid- keep the back 4 the same. It sounds obvious, but many fall down trying to over complicate things to justify their own importance.

It's all par for the course though, isn't it?

People are as free to ridicule or disagree with your Everton opinions, as you are to express them.

Nobody is making you share your opinions. You're not a victim here.

I haven't a problem with people disagreeing - but its the snidey playground antics of trying to belittle others to look all zaney and superior with the cool gang thats tiresome.

We could all sit on here, never stick your neck out on anything then jump down whoever's throat made a prediction that didnt happen but what's the point? Its an internet forum not life and death.

I worry about paying my mortgage not what John from Bootle from the internet thought regarding Richarlison's price tag 3 years ago, trawling through his posting history to try pull him up its just cringe behaviour.

He has done a fantastic job. I think over recent weeks he has really shown his experties too. In the last few games we have gone from having no fullbacks, and last night we had no fit strikers. Yet there is never any panics, he adapts.

Thats the big plus for me, whatever adversity is thrown at us, you know he will set us up to be competitive. We might not always win, or blow teams away but we are competitive and hard to beat. Given the injuries we've had this season he'd have had every excuse to cry it in, but he just comes up with another gameplan.

I can't stress this enough as well, but that tactical flexibility is key. The Bielsa discussion is a fascinating one, but the point is with a manager like him, if plan A can't work it tends to all fall down. We have seen that with Martinez and latterly Silva here. Once any adversity came, player x,y or z were injured or left (see Zouma/Gana) there was no way around it. They just sent the same players out week in, week out to lose. Probably the same with Koeman, who to be fair is more of a pragmatist, but in actuality had 1 effective system (build everything around Lukaku) and couldn't think of anything else.

Overall I'm not sure there is a right or wrong answer in the abstract, but having seen the last 5 years here, I can safely say for us, in our situation he is the perfect manager. We would not do well with a systems manager like Bielsa. He'd be bullied out of here at the 1st sign of instability, as once his plan A didn't work people would want him gone. At Leeds, with different expectations he will be given time during those difficult periods. I'm not saying thats right or wrong, but just dealing with the reality of what we face.

What he's done with that back 4 is outstanding. I had said previously I wondered if he would use centre backs in full back positions which he has. I also suggested that Digne might play left hand side midfield in such a system when he comes back. Carlo is not naive or pig headed enough to break something that is working just to accomodate 1 player. I thought what we did with Digne last night worked. Yes we need DCL/Richarlinson fit to get on the end of those crosses, but when they are, we are really in business.

It sounds obvious, but the best managers in life practice simplicity. Iwobi looks happier on the right-keep him on the right. The back 4 looks solid- keep the back 4 the same. It sounds obvious, but many fall down trying to over complicate things to justify their own importance.

On system’s managers, they take time and I just don’t think they work in the Premier League. We’ve seen Sarri & that Arsenal manager flunk, they were huge on their system. The only one’s that have been successful have been promoted clubs (Wolves, Sheffield United & Leeds) where they’ve been given time in the lower leagues for the players to understand it to the point that it can work more often than not. Even then, we’re seeing Sheffield United fall apart and Wolves starting to struggle,

On Carlo though, oh what a Man. This squad with the injuries it has had, has no right to be where it is right now. I can only hope that we give him a chance with some more signings this window. The league is tight, we could easily be 8th in a few weeks and all negative again.

It’s very fair to be critical of Ancelotti when needed, last night could have been one of those nights to had we lost, it doesn’t make you any less of a Blue than those that overly support him

What we are seeing from him, more so than any previous manager, is the ability to change a game if something isn’t working and not stubbornly sticking to one formation no matter what ala Martinez and Silva. That’s why we sit 4th this lunchtime and will be minimum 6th by 10pm tonight if results go the way they should at Hotspur Stadium and the Etihad

Status
Not open for further replies.