Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare and contrast, Toffees! Toffees ffs
View attachment 112558

Difference being, we had 2000 fans attending unlike all these other clubs, now I know city struggle to even find 2000 local fans so maybe your not understanding the inconvenience of them finding out through twitter that the games off before the club have any idea if it is, but, it would be respectful for city and the premier League to keep the host club up to date and informed

See your back in training tomorrow afternoon aswell, baldy Pep bottled it from Carlo

So City had 5 players out Monday and today they are resuming training. Everton wants an explanation why the game was cancelled without them knowing. And Everton are the baddies?
City supporter here.

I haven’t read this entire thread, but seems to me this:

Everton are well within their right to ask the PL what happened. However, the question is why did someone think it wise to publish that statement publicly rather than raise it with the PL internally? And why not say anything regarding support towards those who contracted it or something like this?

I think it’s safe to say City’s reputation amongst certain loud fans and journalists is that of “cheaters” “human rights violators” “state owned” and “ruining football” with “no/plastic fans” “cheque book managers” etc.

Whenever Ian Darke comments on City games he constantly lists player fees, and only this season have I noticed less of the cost of the squad other than he as I have heard it regularly in UK broadcasts of games especially against lower opposition. Maybe some don’t notice City’s reputation was so poor, but surely you would have to live in a bubble.

Whoever wrote that statement must have known that Everton would gain sympathy from the long list of fans/journalists who would jump to the idea that it’s “that state owned club City at it again.” Left wing journalists who openly dispise City like Phillippe Auclaire and a human rights documentary film maker (Liverpool supporter I believe) raise questions as soon as the statement is made. The more Tory/pro-Brexit oriented hate City as well as outsiders.

This plays right to that tune, when I wonder if or why they felt it had to be made officially by the club. The lack of positive comment about City also implies that you think City may be “cheating” or hiding something to postpone the game and that maybe the PL glossed over this too easily.

Btw, for anyone still reading, I have defended or at least openly wondered if there were good reasons for Everton’s to ask this publicly. I have tried to determine by debating and asking questions on PL policies regarding COVID, issues with fixture congestion during this period and bank holidiays if that affected the delay and could that be a factor, etc. to other City supporters and journalists. That has gotten me in some fans’ sights, when I was trying hard to empathize with Everton’s reasoning. So I am very much interested in being fair.

respect.

I don't think our statement went far enough. We should've been asking more direct questions of City.

Back in training already? We all know they pulled a fast one because they had injuries and didn't fancy playing an in-form Everton side.

FFP cheats and a classless club from top to bottom. I've never forgot the way they behaved towards during the protracted Lescott transfer all those years ago.

Tramps with a few bob. That is all they are.

City supporter here.

Everton are well within their right to ask the PL what happened. However, the question is why did someone think it wise to publish that statement publicly rather than raise it with the PL internally? And why not say anything regarding support towards those who contracted it or something like this?

I think it’s safe to say City’s reputation amongst certain loud fans and journalists is that of “cheaters” “human rights violators” “state owned” and “ruining football” with “no/plastic fans” “cheque book managers” etc.

Whenever Ian Darke comments on City games he constantly lists player fees, and only this season have I noticed less of the cost of the squad other than he as I have heard it regularly in UK broadcasts of games especially against lower opposition. Maybe some don’t notice City’s reputation was so poor, but surely you would have to live in a bubble.

Whoever wrote that statement must have known that Everton would gain sympathy from the long list of fans/journalists who would jump to the idea that it’s “that state owned club City at it again.” Left wing journalists who openly dispise City like Phillippe Auclaire and a human rights documentary film maker (Liverpool supporter I believe) raise questions as soon as the statement is made. The more Tory/pro-Brexit oriented hate City as well as outsiders.

This plays right to that tune, when I wonder if or why they felt it had to be made officially by the club. The lack of positive comment about City also implies that you think City may be “cheating” or hiding something to postpone the game and that maybe the PL glossed over this too easily.

Btw, for anyone still reading, I have defended or at least openly wondered if there were good reasons for Everton’s to ask this publicly. I have tried to determine by debating and asking questions on PL policies regarding COVID, issues with fixture congestion during this period and bank holidiays if that affected the delay and could that be a factor, etc. to other City supporters and journalists. That has gotten me in some fans’ sights, when I was trying hard to empathize with Everton’s reasoning. So I am very much interested in being fair.

respect.

Not read all that mate but City's statement said Everton were consulted. They weren't.

Difference being, we had 2000 fans attending unlike all these other clubs, now I know city struggle to even find 2000 local fans so maybe your not understanding the inconvenience of them finding out through twitter that the games off before the club have any idea if it is, but, it would be respectful for city and the premier League to keep the host club up to date and informed

See your back in training tomorrow afternoon aswell, baldy Pep bottled it from Carlo

The point. The whole point. And nothing else but.
I wish them well as they return to full training. I also wish all those associated with Everton who needlessly put themselves at risk well to. Ironic how nobody at City has said that. You know, seeing as that is what they're crying over.

City supporter here.

respect.
Because the PL are corrupt scumbags who treat Everton like crap.

Well, there we have it.

Compare and contrast the reactions of Tottenham and Everton. Tottenham have the decency to wish Fulham well. Everton called for a "full disclosure" from the Premier League with no word of good will to City. Speaks volumes.

And the knuckle draggers amongst you want a fight. Is that the level of debate on here? Yeah, stay classy, eh.
Sympathy appropriation, you're complaining because one organisation didn't wish the employees of another one well.

How very classy of you to make out like you're entitled to sympathy. Pathetic. Seriously pathetic.

City supporter here.

respect.
I think the statement that went out was aimed at the FA and publicly had to do it. they didn't have Everton in the conversation over the postponement of the game.

I think there has always been good respect between Everton and city and will continue to do so. I think City fans especially on Twitter have got the hump saying where was the sympathy for city. the statement was aimed purely at the FA and not City, they want clarity on the decision because Everton weren't part of it that's all

City supporter here.

respect.

So to summarize:
-Everton is well in their right to ask
-Woe is city everyone hates us

City supporter here.

respect.

Thats a bit much to claim who issued the club statement had man citys reputation with journalists and the media in mind. I mean why would you think anyone here is even arsed about that.
The statement was pretty clear. We were told zippery do. Are those connected with man city expecting us to believe this wasnt being discussed between city and the PL way before. And certainly way before anyone bothered to let us know. Not a peep from city btw at those within Everton who needlessly came in.
Everton are not a club who dont show respect. Maybe those at city might want to think on about the reaction and as to why.

Well, there we have it.

Compare and contrast the reactions of Tottenham and Everton. Tottenham have the decency to wish Fulham well. Everton called for a "full disclosure" from the Premier League with no word of good will to City. Speaks volumes.

And the knuckle draggers amongst you want a fight. Is that the level of debate on here? Yeah, stay classy, eh.
The irony of a City fan coming on here and talking about class.

Knobhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.