Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momentum was with us, so it's a shame the game didn't go ahead. I'd have made us just favourites to win. It was the right decision, but I have a feeling if City were playing at home against Brighton they'd have scrambled a team together.

How on earth did these rules get voted through?
I know it's not a new phenomenon in football but the Premier League money does indeed talk.
Citeh should forfeit the game, if it comes to that, like Leyton Orient had to.
Disgraceful.
Newcastle, Sunderland and Rotherham haven't had to either... I'm sure you'd also be pretty peed off if it was us and we had to forfeit a game?

West Ham had to play on with players out and their manager.

City must of had loads out to seek a postponement.

Sure, we will be healthier for the reschedule but we'd have been playing their academy tonight.

The game wouldn't have been played once City sought the postponement. If we'd have said no to their request, the Premier League would have stepped in.

At that point, one of two things happen - we're awarded three points via forfeit, or the Premier League codify the rules.

Everton have Everton'd this again. No ruthless streak; no winning mentality.

Again though, City's squad would have been depleted tonight.

They'll also be significantly stronger when it's rescheduled.

Also every chance no fans when it is.

We can't just focus on Everton alone.
We could find ourselves in the same position in a few weeks time.
Newcastle villa was postponed.
Back last March the majority here wanted a null and void season due to covid
Now a match is been postponed and more are fuming .
Its the right decision.

Torn a bit as I started work at 6am so could knock off in time to see the match but seems for the best to postpone.

If, however, the Citeh players broke protocol is there a means by which the league can suspend players and/or punish the club?

The game wouldn't have been played once City sought the postponement. If we'd have said no to their request, the Premier League would have stepped in.

At that point, one of two things happen - we're awarded three points via forfeit, or the Premier League codify the rules.

Everton have Everton'd this again. No ruthless streak; no winning mentality.
So you would like us to risk players and staff just for the sake of football. Newcastle have 2 players who have long term covid and not played for a month.

I’m not surprised Kyle Walker has got it. He broke Covid rules a few months ago.

I hope he’s ok but find it hard to have sympathy for bell ends

I’m not surprised Kyle Walker has got it. He broke Covid rules a few months ago.

I hope he’s ok but find it hard to have sympathy for bell ends
Having Kyle Walker out would have been a massive plus... for City, I'm surprised they didn't jump at the chance. Maybe that's why we agreed to postpone.

West Ham had to play on with players out and their manager.

City must of had loads out to seek a postponement.

Sure, we will be healthier for the reschedule but we'd have been playing their academy tonight.
Shortsighted though. There is a chance we'd have people catch it from playing tonight and there is a chance we will be in this situation later on.

What’s worrying here is the Pandora’s box this precedent creates. 3 injuries and a two covid a and games called off til a key player is available.

Suspension management etc; it’s bananas if it is only 4 players

Momentum was with us, so it's a shame the game didn't go ahead. I'd have made us just favourites to win. It was the right decision, but I have a feeling if City were playing at home against Brighton they'd have scrambled a team together.
Definitely some pandering towards City but I think this benefits us too. Can't say I would have been excited to see Tosun leading the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.