Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is a media bias.
Also, it seems the more games we win, the higher we are in the table, the more they ignore us.

It only affects you if you let it affect you.

Every season there's always a flavour of the month. Last year it was Sheffield U. The year before, Wolves.
This season it was Leeds for a bit...and Villa...and Southampton.

The media is there to talk shight for audio-visual clickbait.

We're here to win games - let them do what they do, let us get better at doing what we should be doing.

I think we are tolerated where we are now as it’s someone different near the top. However should we continue to win games then we will become more of an annoyance.
I fully expect us to be on the receiving end of dodgey decisions. When we are winning by a single goal we already seem to be playing ridiculous amounts of injury time.

Manchester. Utd are the biggest team globally, but domestically Liverpool are the biggest team, and why litter the tv with Sunderland or West Brom pundits when the biggest audience want to “relate”.

That said, some of the dross like McManaman, Murphy, Ferdinand and Redknapp deserve no part on my TV.
But take away the top players and people like Liane Sanderson who literally has a face and is raging whenever she’s on tv or Clinton Morrison, o have no hope that Sky will stop using them.
Not being funny but how do you reckon that? They only had, what, 4k people request tickets for matches in their own city whilst we had 25k.

It is unfortunate truth that if we beat City tomorrow, the press will say that we didn’t win, but that City lost. Lots of panel discussions about what’s wrong with Manchester City, if Pep still has what it takes to win the league, but Everton will not be mentioned.

Saint John

Hansen

Lawrenson

Beglin

Phil Thompson

Fowler

Mcmanaman

Redknapp

Murphy

McAllister

Souness

Barnes

Aldridge

Owen

Ruddock

David James

Carragher

Hamann

Have I missed anyone?

Whilst some of them no doubt have something of interest to bring to the table (Hansen back in the day focusing on the defensive side of the game, Carragher’s delivery although he’s not everyone’s cup of tea...), it’s a pretty impressive list of gobshites.
Stephen Warnock

Charlie Adam

Paul Walsh

It is unfortunate truth that if we beat City tomorrow, the press will say that we didn’t win, but that City lost. Lots of panel discussions about what’s wrong with Manchester City, if Pep still has what it takes to win the league, but Everton will not be mentioned.
Id rather not be mentioned though me? Honestly don’t know why but I prefer it when they don’t speak about us, just let us go about our business quietly and under the radar is perfect for me.

Not being funny but how do you reckon that? They only had, what, 4k people request tickets for matches in their own city whilst we had 25k.

Exactly my point isn’t it?

They only have 4K with ST’s, yet they still attract the biggest TV audience whenever they’re on TV. Them and Man Utd, it’s why BBC ans BT always pick their garbage games in the FA Cup.

This isn’t about the match going fan this is about the armchair fan, this is about the casual fan and whilst we’ve got a firm hardcore following in Merseyside, they’ve got a firm TV Audience across the entire country.

I never though id say this but Jamie Redknapp seems to be quite forward with his praise of us this year, probably not long till he is told to pipe down.
The minute you look a serious threat to Liverpool or United he and all of the other presenters & 'pundits'
will be told in no uncertain fashion to stick to the script. Failure to do so will result in their contracts not
being renewed.

Saint John

Hansen

Lawrenson

Beglin

Phil Thompson

Fowler

Mcmanaman

Redknapp

Murphy

McAllister

Souness

Barnes

Aldridge

Owen

Ruddock

David James

Carragher

Hamann

Have I missed anyone?

Whilst some of them no doubt have something of interest to bring to the table (Hansen back in the day focusing on the defensive side of the game, Carragher’s delivery although he’s not everyone’s cup of tea...), it’s a pretty impressive list of gobshites.
Bellamy. There was a match last season where they had him and souness in the studio. Just like Redknapp and Souness against Arsenal the other night.

Both times neither pundit had any tie with either club. But more importantly they were really poor at punditry.

I think we are tolerated where we are now as it’s someone different near the top. However should we continue to win games then we will become more of an annoyance.
I fully expect us to be on the receiving end of dodgey decisions. When we are winning by a single goal we already seem to be playing ridiculous amounts of injury time.

We played five and a half minutes against Sheffield United when there wasn’t a single injury. Absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.