Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel it's imperative to bring in further recruitments this January. The squad depth is lackluster. But I'm highly dubious that it's going to be remedied based on Brands established stance towards the January window. The midfield was woeful last January and no action occurred so it's doubtful anything will transpire in the upcoming window. I hope I'm incorrect.

The
I feel it's imperative to bring in further recruitments this January. The squad depth is lackluster. But I'm highly dubious that it's going to be remedied based on Brands established stance towards the January window. The midfield was woeful last January and no action occurred so it's doubtful anything will transpire in the upcoming window. I hope I'm incorrect.
So do I, the squad is very weak, a couple more injuries plus suspensions and we would really struggle.

We need a RB and RW... then we need Carlo to put round pegs in round holes and we can compete with anyone. We bought 3 CM (incl James) yet we still looking for more apparently. I'm not banging the drum about a new striker anymore but are in a dodgy position if DCL goes down.

Did we not buy Allan to take on the Gana role? I know he is clearly a better ball carrier and has been doing it more and more but does that mean he is our box to box, where Doucs has always been that player even if hasn't been given free reign to do it. To me these roles all fell apart as soon as Carlo went to 353. 443 and it looked very different and settled again. We just need them to pass better. I would bring James into the middle and get that RW... Time to move on Berardi ..

That's as deluded as us thinking we'll get £100m for Richarlison.
It makes sense that it would be Villa's valuation, which would mean he simply won't get sold.

He might move for less in the summer, depending on how their season goes and how unsettled he is (or isn't).
Yep. We reportedly valued him at £80 mil over the summer and then he signed a new 5 year deal + made his England debut and now we reportedly want over the £100m.

Granted, I don't think any club in the world will be in a financial situation to buy him in Jan (and maybe even the summer)

We need a RB and RW... then we need Carlo to put round pegs in round holes and we can compete with anyone. We bought 3 CM (incl James) yet we still looking for more apparently. I'm not banging the drum about a new striker anymore but are in a dodgy position if DCL goes down.

Did we not buy Allan to take on the Gana role? I know he is clearly a better ball carrier and has been doing it more and more but does that mean he is our box to box, where Doucs has always been that player even if hasn't been given free reign to do it. To me these roles all fell apart as soon as Carlo went to 353. 443 and it looked very different and settled again. We just need them to pass better. I would bring James into the middle and get that RW... Time to move on Berardi ..
Holgate is staking a real claim for the RB berth , we wont be looking for a RB in January.

Holgate is staking a real claim for the RB berth , we wont be looking for a RB in January.

He's my favourite player but I will say he doesnt give us an attacking threat that is expected from fullbacks these days. Very solid defensively.. and my first choice CB.. but good enough to do a job at RB when asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.