2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a worthwhile point. It is a big thing in Engand but it's not really in Italy. I read the Italian team just have the guy with the most caps.

I actually think he quite likes Sigurdsson as well. You know what you are going to get from him and he probably trains well. What you get from him is very little, but he is aware of that.

He very nearly won us the game on Saturday and it was an excellent save from Pope. Like it or not, Allan, Doucoure, Davies etc would not have got into that position and sorted their feet out in the way he did. He actually did the hardest part.

I'm not fan of him either, but just because we can't stand someone, doesn't mean we should lose all balance on them. We were terrible against Leeds without Sigurdsson. He's poor, but so are a lot of the other players.

lol

He actually didn’t sort his feet out, the ball was stuck under them when he shot.

I mean it's a very fair point, but the counter is going to be, what is the average time of managers in each of those clubs over the last 20 years as well. I would imagine you are looking at under 3 years per manager. So how much if a reflection of Ancelotti, and how much is a reflection of those clubs is open for debate.

The reality is, if you start the season like we have at those clubs, for the majority of them, you get sacked. So they don'tlend themselves to lonegevity.

789 days in PL, but there is a lot of variation.

You cannot argue with facts.
The facts are he still thinks Siggurdson is captain material and Pickford is a good keeper.
One transfer window is irrelevant, those two facts are a big worry

Pickford is not a goalkeeper I've ever really rated. You can see I think from 3 summers ago, and I said I'd have sold him and replaced him with Foster/Cech for £50m when it was being touted, to much consternation. I've always thought he was overrated. He hasn't shown his Sunderland form here, never mind kicked on.

However, objectively he is viewed by a number of people as a good goalkeeper. Koeman and Walsh identified him, Brands refused to sell him, Chelsea expressed an interest in his but were rebuffed on price. Unsworth, Ferguson, Allardyce & Silva have all regularly played him. He has 30+ England caps already and will probably only be behind David Seaman & Joe Hart in terms of most England caps in the PL era. He's currently 9th on the list overall and he may well even ended up in the top 2 capped goalkeepers by the country.

So clearly lots of people think he's good. We can't stand him because of his attitude, and a couple of high profile mistakes. But Ancelotti and lots of others really aren't bothered about a mistake in a Merseyside derby. They don't view the game with the emotion we do.

This is a worthwhile point. It is a big thing in Engand but it's not really in Italy. I read the Italian team just have the guy with the most caps.

I actually think he quite likes Sigurdsson as well. You know what you are going to get from him and he probably trains well. What you get from him is very little, but he is aware of that.

He very nearly won us the game on Saturday and it was an excellent save from Pope. Like it or not, Allan, Doucoure, Davies etc would not have got into that position and sorted their feet out in the way he did. He actually did the hardest part.

I'm not fan of him either, but just because we can't stand someone, doesn't mean we should lose all balance on them. We were terrible against Leeds without Sigurdsson. He's poor, but so are a lot of the other players.
Yeah same I heard that abut the caps thing in Italy. I thought he had given him it to sort of 'empower' him after he was linked with a move. I don't think Carlos really cares about whose captain. They should all be leaders on the pitch. I just wish he'd stop playing Sigurdsson. Thats all I really want for Christmas.

I don't usually go in for singling players out but something has to give with him. Waste of space.

I'll throw a curveball in to this though mate. What happens if the manager looks at both, and ultimately doesn't want to jettison them? He feels as squad options they are worthwhile and experienced?

These are the sort of grey area discussions that are difficult, and the sort of honest conversations I'm not sure we have at Everton.

I am completely on board with Ancelotti. I even think he's done a good job this season overall. If we finish top half, thats ok for me this season. Anything better is a great bonus, particularly if we can go deep in/win a cup. However no successful business just hands over the reigns to a manager and lets them have exactly what they want.

There needs to be a tension, between the manager and DOF, DOF and CEO etc. You just don't get that. In honesty I suspect Ancelotti answers directly to Usmanov, in the same way Moshiri does. The rest of the board answer to Moshiri. So he is in a priviledged position in that sense.

However in the background Brands is doing his thing but its difficult.
If that's the case, he'll get the results he deserves, and his next job will continue the downward curve that he's been on since leaving Bayern.

Think Carlo is feeling the pressure because it is being reported that Big Sam has itchy feet and wants to get back into management again

Status
Not open for further replies.