Votes: 13 3.6%
  • Tony hibbert

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 48 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's barely any adequate cover across the pitch, and yet there are players struggling to make the squad who pull in more than the top earners at many of the clubs that are outperforming us.

Either the director of football is incompetent, or the club has been irreversibly mismanaged.

Our biggest problem is everything that happened before last Xmas since Martinez first season was mostly utter crap or average at its best. Filled with mistakes, mostly around recruitment. We have been regularly horrific for a long time.

personally I’ll be waiting for a further year or probably more before worrying about much in the current regime. Never mind actually putting the boot in and mentioning sackings, and criticizing the few decent players we do have....

if you keep thinking success comes with just a change of manager and a couple of signings, then you are going to be disappointed and stupidly angry, almost every time.

Fitness, injuries, strength in depth, too much deadwood and a crap mentality are all things that have dogged this club for years and i really don't think it will ever change.

Too many crap players is the biggest problem, which has been caused by those responsible for player recruitment. Our right hand side is shocking.

I voted deadwood but could have chosen a lot more.
We have to be a little more ruthless with deadwood, if we are prepared to waste large amounts on useless players then we also need to waste more money just getting them off the books.

Players such as Siggi, Bernard and Tosser are never going to make it so sell or pay off and make space for others.

If we cant replace due to financial constraints straight away introduce youth, if they cant make it get rid - this is a business and no good keeping a 21 year old that might?

Went for "strength and depth", would couple that with "too much deadwood" . Also a general lack of pace in the side. We could sell or release 8 players from the current 25 and it would make no difference on the pitch because those players are either not playing or poor when they do sporadically play.
Hope we get a few in and a few out in Jan

I voted for fitness as they are professional athletes and are paid a fortune to be fit, they just aren’t as watching us play against pressing teams confirms. Really should have been multi choice though, as I wanted to vote for all options except Hibbo.

Strength in depth - this will be a problem for many transfer windows unless the rubbish can be sold, which it won't because they're rubbish so will just have to let contracts expire or Moshiri went all out and pushed us to the limits of FFP. Many (all) of us recognised in the summer we still needed a right back, midfielder, wide attacker, striker but we couldn't get them in because of the trash that couldn't be thrown away.

Fitness - we look like the least fit team in the league. Never press, never put any pressure on the ball, half the team look knackered after 20 minutes. Just like to put pace along side fitness. We are sooooo slow at everything, just running and sprinting, passing, dribbling, general game tempo. Everything is done at a pace of a snail.

Idiocy - other than James and Allan I think every one of ours players must be stupid. Pickford makes the maddest decisions especially with his distribution. Passing decisions in general are just woeful. Throw-ins!!!! We have to be the worst team in the league for giving away possession from our own throw-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.