Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Half time, very open so far, I thought the James offside goal was a close one, the 2nd one I'm not sure how it works, I guess even if you don't touch the ball, if you jump right in front of the keeper you are interfering with play? They all seem to be having a go at kicking James. They could be 3 up though we are giving them plenty of chances.
I still don't like seeing us play it along the back 5 and I would prefer the midfielders close the opposition down, rather than standing off them. Iwobi seems a bit pinned back tonight, for some reason we have had Holgate and Keane coming forward with the ball but neither can pick out a pass in the final 3rd

WTF commentator

everything but the goal from Leeds

skys bias is a joke

We've had the ball in the net twice. Both times a fraction from being actual goals. Yet Carragher is going on as if we should be fifty goals down.

Doucoure is having a poor game. Too many misplaced passes and not quick enough to close down at times. Iwobi's lack of left peg is a problem as well. Holgate seems to be a bit all over the place positionally again, too.

Not the worst performance generally. Great performance by Allan who's trying his best to drag the team forward. Baffled that Carlo hasn't put Nkounkou on the bench at least. We could do with a bit more down that side.

Said before if we set up like Fulham it'll be kamikaze football.

All they have to do is punt, cross field, or one two in either channels and they're in. Davies and Iwobi just look lost are getting 2v1'd all the time. Every chance has come down either wing.

If this is all to give James a free role, just pack the midfield and play him as a number 10.
Weirdly Richarlison has been as much of a liability down the other side. He's usually much more defensively solid than this.

We've had our chances and blown them.

Got 1-1 all over it.

What the hell Godfrey is doing for that corner I'll never know didnt someone tell him you cant obstruct a keeper with VAR anymore.

Braindead.
I agree, people seem to forget the chances we have had too!

Status
Not open for further replies.