Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted he kept with this 343 - didnt like it last week and certaintly not against a better side with Digne missing.

Should have gone 433 / 451 and packed the Midfield.

That really is an odd selection. Says nothing for Jon Joe Kenny if Coleman is injured and the preference is to rejig the formation to play a back 3 and Iwobi at wing back. Niels must also be scratching his head if Tom Davies is preferred as left wing back.

Pickford
Davies Godfrey Holgate Keane Iwobi
Allan Doucoure
James Calvert-Lewin Richarlison​

Is that what we’re thinking?
Hopefully we can dictate the midfield and our wing backs play a little more advanced - we shall see!

Didn’t Davies play well last week?

Players getting chances after a good outing is how it’s supposed to work

Unless your name is Anthony Gordon lol
Depends what he wants from them. Carlo played Gordon above other players last season. Maybe he’s had a dip in form (like lots of young players do) that he needs to work through in training, but rather than telling the world about it he’s shielding him. If Nkonkou was at the required standard he’d be playing like he was at Newcastle. I’m not sure why people think there’s such a conspiracy sometimes. We only have to look at Barkley, Stones, Davies for players who started unbelievably then took a dip in form but we had to play them every game regardless. Don’t think it did any of them any good.

I think a lot of people (myself included) are just fed up of seeing the same old faces getting in the side. At least with the younger lads you’re guaranteed a full 90mins of hard work and effort.

It it what it is, obviously the manager knows more about his team than we do.

My only gripe today is that I felt Nkounkou should be getting out there to partner up with Richarlison, in terms of the way we play and the joy we get down that side he’s the closest to a Digne type player we have. It could be he’s injured, which if so is fair enough, if not it’s (for me) a poor decision.

That really is an odd selection. Says nothing for Jon Joe Kenny if Coleman is injured and the preference is to rejig the formation to play a back 3 and Iwobi at wing back. Niels must also be scratching his head if Tom Davies is preferred as left wing back.
Pretty sure Carlo said Kenny wasn't 100 percent so no surprise he doesn't start. But surprised he wasn't on the bench at least

Status
Not open for further replies.