2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tactically outdid Mourinho and Klopp this season also....

Spurs were massively off pace & Liverpool easily were the better side.

I actually think Carlo (or Davide if he does the tactics) has been relatively poor this season in terms of the balance between attack and defence.

Dont think the personnel helps all a bit square peg in round holes with James out wide and a slug in Gomes/Siggurdsson in midfield being cut through like butter.

Drastically need a CM & back up forward in the January window if we want Europe.

Spurs were massively off pace & Liverpool easily were the better side.

I actually think Carlo (or Davide if he does the tactics) has been relatively poor this season in terms of the balance between attack and defence.

Dont think the personnel helps all a bit square peg in round holes with James out wide and a slug in Gomes/Siggurdsson in midfield being cut through like butter.

Drastically need a CM & back up forward in the January window if we want Europe.

They both had better teams than us and where therefore favourites for the game. Carlo turned Spurs over on their own patch and then prevented Liverpool winning. He’s got it very right in some games and very wrong in others. By your reckoning though Klopp got outclassed by Nigel Pearson last season. It happens to everyone. We’re getting better under Carlo than we were under Silva.

They both had better teams than us and where therefore favourites for the game. Carlo turned Spurs over on their own patch and then prevented Liverpool winning. He’s got it very right in some games and very wrong in others. By your reckoning though Klopp got outclassed by Nigel Pearson last season. It happens to everyone. We’re getting better under Carlo than we were under Silva.

Our defence is actually statistically worse than it was under Silva.

Its a massive concern and we wont be getting top 7 if its not sorted.

Our defence is actually statistically worse than it was under Silva.

Its a massive concern and we wont be getting top 7 if its not sorted.

Some of the goals we’ve conceded are not signs of a bad defensive team. Both goals against West Brom were worldies. The consolation from Brighton was a worldie. Even Fulham’s first goal was unbelievably good for a team at the bottom of the prem. Salah’s finished as amazing. Pickford dropped a ball for one of them. The defensive structure wasn’t at fault for any of them and when you see teams missing penalties and open nets against other sides we’ve been punished for almost every single half chance we’ve given away.

There’s been some very bad goals of course, especially in that run of three games between the international breaks. That said though, I’m not thinking we’re going to concede at every set piece, or if we’re one up I’m not thinking we’ll throw it away. Silva was hopeless.

He will get hammered if we don’t win this due to the line up he’s selected, which from the outside looks a bit of an odd one.

I honestly thought I’d never see Tom Davies again after the end of last season, when he looked like a player completely out of his depth in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.