Old Everton Pictures

Dave Watson the Everton Captain celebrates their victory in the FA...​

Dave Watson the Everton Captain celebrates their victory in the FA Cup Final against Manchester United at Wembley Stadium in London. Everton won the match 1-0.
Waggy Watson a great Centre Half -
1606314173176.png

Burnley were a strong team back then. On this pic alone you have Elder, Blacklaw and Adamson.
Boxing Day was the big fixture back in the early 1960s, as Burnley were a top team - my older brother went at home in the Christmas period my late father backed out at the last minute leaving him late to set of by bus he got there later than usual - massive queues for most ground turnstiles in Goodison it was heaving with fans ...
He missed the first ten minutes of a very tight game Everton scored right near the end it was jam packed inside he was with no one whom he knew ........the roar was fantastic, so he left thinking what a great win over a top side ......
He got off the bus at Old Swan to exchange busses - he had to wait for a connection, so he went to look in the rental TV windows to get the other scores to see the results his eyes dropped in dismay Everton's winner which he thought was an equaliser as they had scored while he was locked out in the queue early on in the game - he had missed their goal -only a draw -doh

The classic donkey jacket lol
I was issued with one of them bright orange on the back UDC on the back - the men used to joke, it's only me from the UDC -Urban District Council.....
They were awful to wear if it rained they weighed a ton lol plus your back in orange you stood out like a Belisha Beacon..,....no where to hide ....,or skive .........lol