2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one of those weird quirks of evertonian expectations I was talking about earlier. People felt Silva was underachieving coming 8th with Bernard as a key first teamer but think if Ancelotti would do well to finish 8th because Bernard isn’t a good enough replacement for James flaming Rodríguez. Makes no sense at all but hey ho.
If Ancelotti doesn’t deliver Europe then he must be sacked.

We have expectations that need to be met. I don’t care who he is.

Individual errors all over the show. No matter who partners Keane they make basic errors. Holgate and Mina both far from good enough for a top 6 club. If they cant pick up men from crosses then maybe this is a level too high for them.

To be honest, Keane was more to blame for their first goal than Holgate, who was marking Martial. Keane had nobody to mark.

However, Fernandes should have been picked up by a midfielder. Allan and Gylfi had gone out wide and were offering nothing in stopping the cross, but then it's on Doucoure to get across or Digne to give the CB's a shout.

Not enough communication.

Keane has been decent this season but he was pretty crap today for both of their first-half goals.

I'm not sure where your stick with Holgate comes from though as he was very good last season and this one today is his first game back. Need him to stay fit and then at least our defence has a bit of consistency.

Like Carlo said, as a team we just don't defend in a shape. But it's on him to sort that out.

If Ancelotti doesn’t deliver Europe then he must be sacked.

We have expectations that need to be met. I don’t care who he is.

If we don't get europe it will be because of the players 100%

I have never seen such a thoroughly pathetic lazy and unlikeable squad of players. There are literally about 5 who play with heart and determination.

I can see why some are annoyed with certain decisions Anchelotti has made in the last few games but come on ffs. How many managers is it going to take before the penny drops. There's so many players at this club who keep failing and keep getting away with it because the manager is the easier target.

Fair enough give him his share of stick but let's lay the lions share of the blame where it belongs. At the feet of the serial losers we have that masquerade as footballers and steel a living from this club.

To be honest, Keane was more to blame for their first goal than Holgate, who was marking Martial. Keane had nobody to mark.

However, Fernandes should have been picked up by a midfielder. Allan and Gylfi had gone out wide and were offering nothing in stopping the cross, but then it's on Doucoure to get across or Digne to give the CB's a shout.

Not enough communication.

Keane has been decent this season but he was pretty crap today for both of their first-half goals.

I'm not sure where your stick with Holgate comes from though as he was very good last season and this one today is his first game back. Need him to stay fit and then at least our defence has a bit of consistency.

Like Carlo said, as a team we just don't defend in a shape. But it's on him to sort that out.

I thought Holgate was at fault for both tbh but will have to look again. He was dreadful today but his laughing at the end of the game my be clouding my judgement!

We dont work hard enough. Its pretty simple to me. Lots of players who have no interest in putting in a shift. Why was the manager not properly backed?

How can we be so bad defensively this season and there isn’t even a hint of it getting better?

If anything, we get worse every game.

This is not good enough. Nowhere near good enough in fact.

What has been worked on to improve this?

When you consider we finally signed a DM to replace Gana, as well as a box-to-box for more robustness and more CB cover in Godfrey, it’s amazing how many goals were shipping - can’t understand it.

Certainly needs to take stock over the international break and try and work out how he's going to get this squad to click.

Status
Not open for further replies.