2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

I disagree with this completely.

Nkounkou and Gordon on the left was the play today, not playing with the slowest midfield we have ever seen. Leaving Gordon on the be ch today is a joke - fast, can use either foot, and is very hungry to prove himself. Compare that to Sigurdsson. Can see what Carlo was trying with Tosun for a bit more pressure up top to an extent, but what we needed was more energy, creativity and wide threat across the front line.

Second week Carlo has had a role to play in a defeat. He's not perfect, and I'd still rather have him than any dross we've had since Royle, but he's not infallible either.
Completely spot on this.

I like Ancelotti.. but wtf was that team?!

I’ll be completely perplexed if Ancelotti doesn’t change that defence next week. How can you keep Mina in when we keep conceding so many goals?

Mason was back in training this week, too late to be part of squad hence why Branthwaite was back up. Another full week and he should feature next week

Newcastle normally sit back, probably the first time this season they thought to themselves "Hang on, Everton have set - up like we normally do, lets get at them" We should have been braver and gone for it more instead of waiting till the 6 minutes of injury time.

Status
Not open for further replies.