Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second that. Duvan Zapata would be great in this league.

Duvan is more skilled than DCL in that he generates assists and scoring opportunities with his hold up play (really good due to his strength) and can play wide and as a second striker, but with DCL being young and growing, seems like an redundant purchase.

Unless you sacrifice Richy into a box to box role and play him where Gomes plays. Further away from goal in a 4312 formation with James as a 10.

Dybala, I know it’s crazy, but he would be ideal for us and would really make a statement. He might consider playing for Ancelotti seeing as he’s had a few managers who have shunted him around to suit Ronaldo. Would give us a completely different option across all three front positions. Would probably cost a fortune though but then again who would have said we’d sign James Rodriguez.

I don’t think January will see us making big name purchases, any statement signings won’t be until the summer and will depend heavily on where we finish this season. An up and coming team in the champions league with a world class manager MIGHT be able to attract an Alaba or Dybala type but I doubt we see any more big names until we know where we stand end of season.

If we are still in the top 4 come January I have no doubt we'll be going for it. This year is absolutely mad, the next 2 months are going to be massive.

I mean, logistically the next 2 months are always massive in terms of points accumulated but I have absolutely no idea who the top 4 are going to be much less champs.

just hope the rivals remain in Europe to ensure they r buggered halfway thru the session. This year is different to other years with the condensed fixtures, being in Europe will effect teams unlike other years giving us every chance for CL next year - in a normal fixture setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.